We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap but reliable overnights to Zagora

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap but reliable overnights to Zagora

My 3 friends and I will be visiting Marrkech this May, and we only have 3 nights in town. We intend to take a 2 day, 1 night trip to Zagora, to that we'd be able to ride camels, and see a shorter/milder version of the dunes. I've gotten wildly different quote info, from about €50 per person to €200 per person, when the trips seem pretty much identical. My friend paid $75US (about €53) for the same trip, but can't recall what tour company took her on the journey. Anybody have any helpful info? Or alternative trips given our short stay?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,484 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap but reliable overnights to Zagora

Hi,

Most people do not recommend a tour this short. You spend most of the time in a vehicle travelling there and back. On such a short visit maybe just have a day trip into the mountains near Marrakech and leave the desert until you have time to enjoy it.

You can ride camels near Marrakech and in the mountains.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,121 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap but reliable overnights to Zagora

You have not time for to go to Zagora. It takes the whole day to come there, you would only sit in the car. You come late when it begin be dark so you cannot see much. Then next morning you have go early back so the best is to not do this trip and save it for the one other time you come to Morocco and have more time.

For to enjoy such trip you need at least 3 days if not more.

3. Re: Cheap but reliable overnights to Zagora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech