We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Plane to Casa Voyageurs - Can I make it in 85 minutes?

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
From Plane to Casa Voyageurs - Can I make it in 85 minutes?

Have 3 questions:

1- My plane lands at Casablanca airport at 1:25 pm. Can I possibly catch the 2:50 train to Marrakech? Or do I have to wait until the 4:50 pm one?

2- I read the train from the airport is easier and faster to Casa Voyageurs or to L'oasis than a taxi, but not to wait for the train, should I just grab a taxi, would this be quicker given that I will have to wait for some time for the train to depart.

3- Should I get of at L'oasis to save extra 15 mins or so?

I really want to give it a shot, collect my bag, and run to catch the 2.50 pm train, but is it possible? I am alone, and I don't mind running.

Many thanks.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Plane to Casa Voyageurs - Can I make it in 85 minutes?

if the flight is on time and you have hand baggage only then it might be possible - all depends on passport control though, could be 10 mins or 45 mins!

Basically if you can get the 2pm train from the airport to city centre then you will be able to connect with the 2:50pm (2:57pm from L'Oasis) Marrakech train

and yes you should change at L'Oasis to save time, but if you dont make the 2pm train then better to go to Casa Voyageurs are there cafes and restaurants around the station where you can kill time until the next train

Edited: 06 April 2014, 13:11
Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Plane to Casa Voyageurs - Can I make it in 85 minutes?

Thanks! And if I can catch the 2 pm train, and I am out at 2:15 pm, would perhaps a private taxi make me reach L'oasis in time?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Plane to Casa Voyageurs - Can I make it in 85 minutes?

it is unlikely as traffic is an issue in Casa so you never can tell how long it might take.

4. Re: From Plane to Casa Voyageurs - Can I make it in 85 minutes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 06:16