We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need RIAD near the Square for college students

ny
Level Contributor
345 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Need RIAD near the Square for college students

We are 5 college ladies who want a RIAD that is in a location so we can walk on a few minutes to the main area. Please suggest RIADs that have a great location.

Thank you.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

Not exactly a riad in the glamorous cosy image but definitely worth considering for it's location right on the edge of Djemaa el Fna Square is Hotel Cecil. I've stayed there a few times now and would happily stay there again. I have reviewed it in the past: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293734-d1903…

http://www.djemaaelfnahotelcecil.com/

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

I would suggest that location should not be your only criterion for choosing a riad. It also depends on what you mean by "a few minutes walk". There are lovely riads 5 or 10 minutes walk away - or do you mean you want to be directly on the square itself (which can be noisy)?

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
97 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

L'Heure d'Ete is less than 5 mins from square and reasonably priced. It has great reviews,and I would happily stay there again.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

Hi,

Why do you need to be so close to the square?

ny
Level Contributor
345 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

We don't want to have to take a cab or walk dangerous streets to get to the activity and sights of the town. so I thought it would be best to be near the square. Friends are staying about a mile away and I thought that was too far away.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

Hi,

A 10 to 15 or even 20 minute walk is not going to be terribly taxing I'd have thought for young students and where have you read that the streets are dangerous?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

Riad Dar Najat is 5 minute walk away from the square.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

It also depends on which activities and sights you are talking about - the square and the souks are great but if you want to see the palaces etc you'll still have to walk or get a petit taxi.

I'm a little confused about the "dangerous streets" part. Do you mean you don't want to be away from tourist areas? Because some of the nicest parts to visit are generally those with less tourists - Bab Doukkala for instance.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 16:56
9. Re: Need RIAD near the Square for college students

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:15