We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
S D
Bristol
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

Im visiting Marrakech in May and our Riad owner tells me that a trip to Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) will cost 30e per person. Im guessing that this will just be for a lift there and that I will have to pay extra for a guide. Is a guide really necessary? Can I not just wander on my own?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

Hi,

You can indeed just wander on your own. Check with your riad owner what is included in the cost.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

Hi,

When I went I only thought of two options one the scenic route to explore a little more than just the water fall, two the straight down to the waterfall and wander about. We took the first route and I think a guide would be best unless you are good at orienteering. I did not think there was anything special the guide offered but we had to follow him without deviation. The second you don't need a guide for just ask the driver to point you towards the slope that leads you to the waterfalls and you can't miss it.

I paid 250 DIrham for the transport and the guide was about 30 Dirham each.

If you have the time to ask different tour operators then you could get it cheap, but that depends on time you have. Hope this helps.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

When you arrive, there's a parking area with a roundabout and buildings on the west side. Stand facing the buildings. There's a path to the right of the buildings that takes you to the top of the falls, the path to the left of the buildings descends to the bottom of the falls.

When we first visited in the 1980s it was midsummer and we went swimming in the pool at the top of the falls. There's a lip that prevents you from being swept over (in normal circumstances).

But you wouldn't want to do this when the Slave River is in flood: morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,312 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

You not need the guide, you can do it self. There are paths and signs I am sure so ... and maybe you find some other path also, which is much better than those beaten paths, or?

And from Marrakech, take a shared taxi or bus etc.

5. Re: Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 13:05
Marrakech-Tensift-El...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

Ouzoud Waterfalls are so easy to explore on your own. You don't the guide. when you arrive you will be dropped off at the parking area where you can take either the path overlooking the waterfalls or the other path descending to the bottom of the Waterfalls. My advice is you will need to survey and have a panoramic view on the waterwalls before you descend to see the monkeys.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

it might be included in your price you paid for, if the driver is not english speaking driver or not even not skilled and informative to provide you with enough information about the place, Ouzoud Fall is just a natural beauty to wander and enjoy . no need to a local guide, watch out many false guides around there.

8. Re: Cascades Ouzoud (Waterfalls) - Do I need a tour guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2015, 05:15