We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

Kent
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

I am staying at Riu Tikida Gardens for 5 days and would like to visit Casablanca for a day. Has anyone done this by internal flight? How was it and what can I expect to pay.

Any advice gratefully received.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

Round trip by Royal Air Maroc (the only carrier) takes 40 minutes flight time and costs 1634 dirhams for a single ticket. In my opinion you could save a lot of money and visit somewhere far more interesting on the coast. Essaouira would be my choice. 70 dirhams, single, one way, by Supratours coach.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

By the time you have accumulated the time to check-in at the airport, wait for the flight, take the flight, get out of the airport, get to the town centre and vice versa, it will take a similar amount of time as the train.

However as you have just 5 days in Marrakech I question why you would waste a day going to Casablanca. If it were my choice I would opt to go to the mountains for a day.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

Is there something specific that you want to see in Casablanca?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

usually tourists go to Casa to visit Hassan 2 mosque and RIck's cafe and Habous. Moroccans will go for sales. apart from that nothing special. The train will be the cheap option

Kent
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

Thank you all for responses - just wanted to be able to say 'play it again Sam' as I am so close! I know perhaps a little cliched but anything in addition to this is a bonus.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,607 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

Note that the Casablanca movie was not filmed in Morocco at all and you will be sadly disappointed if you are expecting to see anything that resembles the film - if anything the movie is more based on the city of Tangier anyway.

There is a Ricks Cafe but it just opened a few years ago and has no connection to the film.

Still if you really wanted to do it then you can take the train there and back.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 18:09
Kent
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

Thank you

8. Re: Day trip to Casablanca from Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16