We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,939 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

Hi,

I hope this shows a side of Marrakech you may not have seen before;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWGxiNgSq8k

and I hope it makes you smile!

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

It's a fantastic video, so pleased you posted it for everyone to see.

Ultimately, whatever your gender, race, religion or political beliefs, we're all just aspiring to happiness. Big thumbs up Marrakech!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

Great video ,,really enjoyed it.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

Brilliant. Thank you. It has put me in a good mood before work on a cold rainy morning.

Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

Hi

Marrakech is a very nice place.

Only thing is there is a lot of mosquito around, I usually take mosquito repellent stickers, they are small and all u do is stick em on your clothes and go, also stick 1 near your bed.

Have a good holiday

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

Re post #4. Off topic (what on earth do mosquitoes have to do with happy folk?) (Thanks shimmin for the link!)

Re mosquitoes: another myth. There are not a lot of mosquitoes in Marrakech and those few that do occur are highly seasonal (and that season is over now). Jayalam has stated this nonsense before. I wonder whether (s)he is a rep for insect repellants?

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

I too have never had an issue with mozzies in Marrakesh......one or two maybe, but a lot less than what I get in my garden in Yorkshire! It’s the wasps around my mint tea that really get me flapping.

Gutted......can’t watch the video at work.

Edited: 09 May 2014, 11:41
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

Hi Kate. There are no wasps of the European variety here in Marrakech (genus Vespula) Wood wasps yes, and parasitic predators too (most people probably do not wish to know the gruesome biological details), but not the sometimes aggressive yellow and black banded ones, the bane of every English picnic! What you are seeing are honey bees (Apis mellifera), harmless unless bothered. These cute fellows (well actually they are female neuters) are attracted to sweetness, hence your mint tea. Just gently waft them away. If it was not for these little insects Morocco would not have such a great range of regional honeys. And worldwide agriculture depends on them for pollination of crops. End of biology lesson.

So back on topic. I hope you enjoy shimmin's link to the happy video on youtube when you return from work. It certainly made me smile.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

thanks for the video, funny video and happy video even from other places as I saw then.

The mosquitoes here in Sweden are more than in Marrakech, but what I find worse there it is the flies, they are terrible.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
9. Re: safety/women/3rd world/1st time/what to wear etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:16