We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe to book camel tour from medina?

adelaide
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
safe to book camel tour from medina?

as ive only got a week before i go to marrakech im finding it hard to find a company that is not booked out or that is affordable (under 200 per person). so im wondering if i should just wait untill i get to marrakech and book a tour from someone in the medina? are these tours safe? can anyone recommend the best place to book tours in the medina?

cheers!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safe to book camel tour from medina?

If you go down Passage Prince Moulay Rachid (busy pedestrian street that leads from the square to the Hotel Tazi) then there are always a few touts in the street selling various tours - they all sell seats on the same basic minibus tours so it is just the price you need to agree on, make sure you haggle.

I dont actually know anyone who has booked a desert tour from these guys but have had friends buying daytrips (Ourika, Ouzoud etc) and they were happy with the experience.

Edited: 12 May 2014, 21:03
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,595 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safe to book camel tour from medina?

Hi,

Wait until you get here then shop around, there are lots of tour operators but ask to see proof of insurance before you book. 200 what per person?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safe to book camel tour from medina?

My advice is dont book anything yet. All the camels are based in an area called la palmeria. Small taxi from the square is bout 50 dirhams. Once u get to the la palmeria winding u will see loads of camels. Pull up and haggle a price with the owner. Cut the middle man out and saves loads of money. Once u finish u will be able to find a taxi for return. We done the same for quad biking. Over 50% savings compared to booking with tour groups.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,595 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safe to book camel tour from medina?

Hi,

"All the camels are based in an area called la palmeria(e)" is not true. You will find camels for hire outside the medina walls by la Mamounia hotel and at the Menara Gardens.

adelaide
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: safe to book camel tour from medina?

Thanks for all the info but I have found one online that was a good price :)

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,595 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: safe to book camel tour from medina?

Well done, who did you find and what was the price?

adelaide
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: safe to book camel tour from medina?

We booked with ergmorocco tours and the price is 240pounds per person for 2 of us for a 3night 4days private tour. I think that is a good price anyway? Cheaper than alot of the other ones I got quoted

8. Re: safe to book camel tour from medina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech
Recent Conversations