We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appropriate Clothing - for a male!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
323 reviews
Save Topic
Appropriate Clothing - for a male!

Hello all,

I've searched the first few pages of this forum and don't want to look through 10800 odd posts but I'm looking on information of what a male should wear in Marrakech as it doesn't seem to be covered as much as womens clothing.

I will be there in August and I plan to obviously see sights so I know I will need trousers of some sort, ideally if anyone knows where I can get almost harem trousers or something that light it would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance

Tom

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Appropriate Clothing - for a male!

You can pretty much wear what you want! August will be very hot so shorts are the norm for tourists

Only if you go to a religious site do you need to dress more conservatively - although in Marrakech you cant go in any mosque anyway, only in Casablanca

You can find light, thin trousers in the souk

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appropriate Clothing - for a male!

Hi,

You will find the baggy crotch, tight ankle trousers all over the place. If you want to buy good quality to wear after your holiday (?) you could check out Chez Bel Haj on Rue Dar el Bacha (ignore the most recent review, obviously written by a competitor, they are expensive but you pay for quality like you would anywhere).

Otherwise as nibrika says you can wear what you like as lots of young Moroccan guys wear shorts and vest tops in the heat. Don't go around with no top on though, that's for the beach, not the city no matter how hot it gets!

Edited: 14 May 2014, 22:04
3. Re: Appropriate Clothing - for a male!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16