We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

I wonder if anyone can clarify the situation at the Medina Gardens for me please. Most reviews are favourable but the odd one or two mention sickness and lack of hygiene. Are there really a lot of people falling sick due to the food/lack of hygiene here? Also, how are you supposed to be able to tell if the Jacuzzi has been cleaned and refilled between the previous guest's departure and your arrival? If you ask then surely you will be told that it has been whether that is the case or not? Thanks for your help

Juan Griego...
Level Contributor
46 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

People were falling ill last week. There was quiet a lot of complaints.Since then new food warmer arrived, so the food remains alot hotter but as always there is still room for improvement. Hand sanitiser bottles are now in the restaurant. ..if guests can be bothered to use it of course.

I have just asked Imad the Guest Relations Manager to answer your questions regarding the Jacuzzis as it is the hotel that must put your mind at rest and prove to you what they are doing regarding cleanliness etc.

If in doubt don't use it and get it cleaned like Terry did.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

This is our second week here and yes we spoke to a lot of people last week who were suffering Deli belly ourselves included, and we believe it was due to lack if hygiene...however things are better this week.. Hand sanitiser is now in the restaurant but not many people are using it...

Last week the food was barely warm but new hot plates have been installed so most food is now staying hot.

Last night in the restaurant I watched one of the waitress's clear a table used by guests only to fold and replace the already used napkins back on the table...I reported this to the Thomson rep today...another hygiene issue that needs sorting immediately...

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

since leaving the hotel on the 19th of may my wife has done nothing but run to the loo were now on the 26th and she has lost a stone and is still ill , i wasnt so bad, hope thompsons or ready for me tomorrow

Marrakech, Morocco
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

As you can read with the other replies, the food is now hot and hand sanitizers were placed at the entrance of the restaurant. But be careful to not drink too cold when it's very hot, don't use too much air conditionning and don't eat too spicy as this may also give you gastric problems. For your information , the hotel is controlled by Check Safety First Company for hygiene and safety.

Regarding the private jacuzzi in the room, water is treated with chlorine and a particle filter. Every day the maids perform an automatic washing when cleaning the room. Then on the jacuzzi programming instructions, it's written how to do an immediate cleaning (duration 5 mn) before enjoying the jacuzzi. The water is at 30 degrees temperature and each jacuzzi is equipped with a protection.

If you require further information, let us know. See you soon at Couples Medina Gardens.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

Thank you so much Frederic B. We are really looking forward to our holiday at the Medina Gardens on 9th June!!

Newcastle upon...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

Hi we just came back on monday night and i've been in bed with s&d since - it started on the way home so defo from there! The place seemed clean enough but one thing i wasn't happy about is the hand towels in the ladies loo in reception. You get a small hand towel - like a face cloth to dry your hands on and put them in a basket on the floor, trouble is theres nothing else, no dryers or paper rolls so when the cloths are finished we had to use loo roll, the cloths didn't smell that nice either so we don't think they were washed and replaced we think they were just folded and replaced!

There was a paella at dinner one night, the mussels on top were not open - a big no no. A number of other people commented on this, i reported this to the rep who asked them to remove it all they did was take them off the top. They told her they were all right!!

On the whole it's an ok place but not what we expected, no one hardly dressed for dinner wearing just shorts and t shirts they'd worn during the day!! There was also women topless in the gardens and round the pool not the done thing in that country! They kept running out of beer aswell!!

Would we go back? not sure, its certainely a better hotel that the tikida gardens we went to in november but no one had any sickness there!!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

What are thomsons doing about the sickness problem at the Medina Gardens Hotel ? We are due there 2nd June. Have guests been moved to other hotels or offered alternative holidays ?

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

Not sure how many have been affected. I understand changes have been made so let's hope it's an end to it. We go on 9th June so here's hoping!

london
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

Was thinking of booking this hotel, not now. Have stayed at thomsons couples in marsa Alam and hygeine was brillent. Could thomsons please comment on the illness here

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sickness at the Medina Gardens?

In all the time that I have been frequenting the Morocco forums I have never seen an official comment from Thomson. If you want official information from the tour operator it may be best to contact them directly.