We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert trip from Marrakech - July

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Desert trip from Marrakech - July

Hello

There are a couple of older threads about companies offering tours into the desert, but would be interested in any uptodate views please!

We are visiting Marrakech in July for 5 days. 2 parents plus 2 teen boys. I would love to do a trip to the desert, perhaps taking in Dades and Todra Gorge. Spending a night in a tent and a camel ride would also be on the list!

With 4 people I would like to keep this within a fairly tight budget if I can, as this is only part of a 2 week trip (rest of time in Essouria)

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced 2 nights/3 days type of tour would be much appreciated!

One quote I have got so far would cost us almost 1200 euro. maybe that's what is costs (?) as I realise the distance is great, but would settle for a more basic package for a bit less, if anyone has any ideas...

Or am I better off waiting until we are actually in Marrakech to book?

Thank you!

Sahara Tours International - Day Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Deserts
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desert trip from Marrakech - July

you should really plan at least 3 nights for that trip - cut your time in Essaouira if possible.

you can definitely find cheaper - get more quotes and tell them you want as cheap accomodation as possible. Alternatively once you arrive in Marrakech you can find group tours which cost as little as €150pp for 3 night tours - obviousy these are less comfortable than the private tours though.

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert trip from Marrakech - July

My husband and I are travlling in July and have managed to find a group tour for 120 euros each. We wanted a group tour as we get to meet other people plus private tours were just far to expensive for us...

Contact me and I'll let you know who we are booking with.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 08:09
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,049 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert trip from Marrakech - July

I am agree with nibrika, you would take a 3 nights trip at least.

4. Re: Desert trip from Marrakech - July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech