We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking train in advance from Marrakech to Fes

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herts, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Booking train in advance from Marrakech to Fes

Hi All

We will be arriving in Marrakech approximately 10.30am 13th October and plan to get the train to Fes on 14th October. We have booked our hotel in Fes already and I'm now looking at booking a food tasting tour for the morning after we arrive in Fes (15th) as this sounds like a great way to get a feel for Fes and at the same time get your bearings round the Souks.

I have just assumed that booking a train ticket from Marrakech to Fes one day in advance is sufficient. Is this likely to be the case? Also we do not speak any French will this prove difficult? We have used Supertours buses in the past and had no problem, but have never travelled by train in Morocco.

Thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,160 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking train in advance from Marrakech to Fes

Hi,

Buying your tickets a day in advance should ensure you get the 1st class seats you should go for. If you've used Supratours buying train tickets is just as easy.

York, UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking train in advance from Marrakech to Fes

We used Moroccan trains last year and purchased our tickets a day in Advance.

We travelled First Class and you get a guaranteed seat.

Our first journey was from Tangier to Rabat. The train started there and with hindsight we should have gone 2nd Class.

The next day we went from Rabat to Marrakesh (once again in 1st Class). This time (as the train arrived in Rabat part way through it's journey) we were glad we had a reserved seat as the train arrived busy.

If your French is not that good, use an on-line translator and write down what you want in the local language before you arrive. Try to be concise in your written statement that covers every eventuality so there' no room for them to ask questions, such as

"Two singles from Fez to Marrakesh for tomorrow at 10:15. Can I have 2 seats in 1st class by the window and I will be paying by card"

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking train in advance from Marrakech to Fes

There are English speaking staff in every major train station.

On another note: Moharem, the Islamic New Year falls on the15th of October this year. This should not affect your plans at all sowotravel but book your food tour beforehand to make certain.

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking train in advance from Marrakech to Fes

Thanks All - great advice.

If booking a train is anything like booking Supratour buses, I'm sure we will have no problems.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,227 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking train in advance from Marrakech to Fes

most train stations also have electronic terminals where you can buy your ticket - they can be set to English if required

6. Re: Booking train in advance from Marrakech to Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:17