We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Malaga, Spain to Marrakech

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Malaga, Spain to Marrakech

Can anyone suggest the most efficient way to travel from Malaga to Marrakech. There are no direct flights and it appears a plane ride may take as long as a train. Any suggestions appreciated.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Malaga, Spain to Marrakech

To paraphrase the old joke, if I was going to Marrakech I wouldn't start from Málaga. No direct flights. You could take the bus to Algeciras (no direct train), then ferry to Tanger, then overnight train to Marrakech.

Come back if you want more details of this.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Malaga, Spain to Marrakech

There are direct flights from Sevilla to Marrakech, I assume you can take a bus or train from Malaga to there.

Or you fly Malaga to Casablanca and take train to Marrakech.

Kusadası, Izmir...
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Malaga, Spain to Marrakech

There are flights from Sevilla on Tuesdays and Saturdays,by far the cheapest and easiest,from 25 euro with Ryanair,think they leave around 4 pm,but not sure,plenty of time to get from Malaga by train/bus without getting up very early!! Total travel time from station in Malaga to Marakech,sort of 7 hr.

Edited: 26 June 2014, 09:45
Kusadası, Izmir...
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Malaga, Spain to Marrakech

Sorry,my wrong,I checked this for next January ,for myself,,at that time the flighta are 16.45 on tue/sat,however seems to vary a bit by season.Flight takes 1:35,train apr 2:30,bus a litle bit longer,but not much. Any other way takes a looong time.

Edited: 26 June 2014, 10:07
5. Re: Travel from Malaga, Spain to Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech