We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools offering day passes

Salford, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Pools offering day passes

My husband and I have booked to visit Marrakech in September and one day we quite like the idea of spending the day relaxing round a luxury pool. Do any of the hotels or Riads offer day passes to use their facilities?

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pools offering day passes

The most luxurious of them all, La Mamounia, offers the "Summer Bliss Day Pass" which includes not only access to the hotels' pools but also lunch and a hammam or massage!

Salford, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pools offering day passes

Many thanks, would you say the £80+ Per person cost is justified?? I don't mind paying for the experience but don't want to come away feeling ripped off if you know what I mean.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pools offering day passes

A fair question! Although I have stayed at La Mamounia, this was before its latest refurbishment after which its sky-high prices rose still further. Personally, I find the current room rates difficult to justify and they prohibit me from staying there again although an experience of La Mamounia remains very special and somewhat unique. A day at the pool would at least give you a chance to dip your toe into this other world!

Edited: 24 July 2014, 16:07
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,286 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pools offering day passes

Three-year closure during a refurbishment costing 100million euro needs to be paid back somehow.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pools offering day passes

Hi,

The Royal Mansour is another kingly option. There are cheaper options; Les Jardins de la Koutoubia and Palais Donab for example.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 17:21
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pools offering day passes

check out Nikki Beach or Myah Bay - out of town there is also La Plage Rouge and Beldi Country Club

Salford, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pools offering day passes

Thanks everyone, you've certainly given me some options to have a look at!

England
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pools offering day passes

Just be aware that some pills are not hated, some have solar.

Beldi is not heated and we felt like we wasted our money, too cold to swim.

9. Re: Pools offering day passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16