We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night stay in Imlil / Ourika / Ouirgane

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
One night stay in Imlil / Ourika / Ouirgane

I'm staying in Marrakech for 5 days and then want to do a trip to Imlil, Ourika or Ouirgane (1 night).

I'm interested in visiting a couple of villages as well as guided trekking.

I liked this offer (http://www.kasbahtoubkal.com/hotel.html), but it is too expensive. Can anyone share good kesbah options in the above mentioned areas?

Many thanks

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night stay in Imlil / Ourika / Ouirgane

Sorry, Oleg, are you looking for inexpensive accommodation or inexpensive trekking, or both? Kasbah du Toubkal offers both accommodation and trekking but, it is true, they are not the cheapest. There are many less expensive options for both accommodation and trekking in the Atlas Mountains. Try typing "Imlil accommodation" or something similar in to the search box at the top of the page for lots of posts submitted previously.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One night stay in Imlil / Ourika / Ouirgane

Hi Alan, I'm interested in both accommodation and trekking.

thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night stay in Imlil / Ourika / Ouirgane

In imlil you can do the trekking and hiking from the Kasbah Toubkal, it's really worth it, i stayed there amazing treat, from food, service and all care, there is options too for less expensive you can try to contact Kasbah Toubkal for less option they might have it somehwere else, they have varied accommodations.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night stay in Imlil / Ourika / Ouirgane

Hello

Not sure if it is cheaper than the Kasbah Toubkal, but I've stayed at the Riad Dar Imlil and that was very nice. It's much closer to the village's main thoroughfare and doesn't require a steep climb up the hill to reach, as the Kasbah does. I would imagine it was actually a little cheaper.

However, I've also stayed at the Kasbah and if you can push your budget a little I'd really recommend it. Some great views, good service and excellent food. There are a range of different rooms with different prices, so do make sure you weren't just looking at their highest price.

Not sure what other decent accommodation was in Imlil, but can't remember that much. Otherwise you'd probably be better off going to Ourika. Imlil is nicer (in my opinion) because you can walk round the town via the mountains and explore a lot easier. We also trekked up to the summit of one of the mountains and stayed in a tiny retreat (on the floor, not hot water etc. but very nice) and I'm not sure what's nearby in Ourika except the waterfalls, which weren't exactly that spectacular (in my opinion!).

Enjoy your trip!

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night stay in Imlil / Ourika / Ouirgane

Hi Oleg,

I think you have sent me a private message which I have been unable to open. If that is the case, would you mind sending me an email?

6. Re: One night stay in Imlil / Ourika / Ouirgane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech