We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations in Meknes, Rabat and Casablanca

Seattle, WA
3 posts
Save Topic
Accomodations in Meknes, Rabat and Casablanca

I will have more questions for the forum, but fist have to square away our accomodations. So far we have four nights taken care of in Marrakesh and 4 in Fez. Then I was planning on 2 days in Meknes with a day trip to the Tuesday market in Azrou. Then we were going to stay 2 days in Rabat. As of yet we haven't been able to find accommodations in Meknes or Rabat. Does anyone have any recommendations?

We also made a 1night reservation in Casablanca at the Hyatt the night before we fly out. I just gave up after reading so many poor reviews on tripadvisor of places in our guidebooks. Does anyone have a recommendation thats under $150-200.

We will be arriving Dec. 17 and leaving December 30th with my 3 teenage daughters

Thanks in advance

Eric

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations in Meknes, Rabat and Casablanca

We stay at the Balima, nothing too special, but good value and centrally located just across from the train station. There is a riad in Les Oudayas, which I've heard is quite expensive and not really worth it (Riad Oudaya). There is also Dar al Batoul in the medina, but I've not heard much feedback.

We haven't stayed there ourselves yet, but everyone I've known who has stayed at Riad Bahia in Meknes has had such wonderful things to say about it that I suspect it's the best thing going there.

For Casa, though it may seem like a bit of a let down after some of the wonderful Riad accommodation you can find in Morocco, the Ibis Moussafir next to the train station is really the best value. Clean and simple and handy for leaving the country the next day. You'll find that Casa doesn't live up to the expectations that many people have for it based off of the romantic notions of the film.

2. Re: Accomodations in Meknes, Rabat and Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2006, 13:01
3. Re: Accomodations in Meknes, Rabat and Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 19:16