We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tea rooms/restaurants Marrakech

Great Britain
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
tea rooms/restaurants Marrakech

I am visiting Marrakech at the end of January, I was there two years ago but was surprised not to see any tea rooms like Momo in London or any of the Moroccan exoctic restaurants which are copied all over Europe. I am female travelling by myself, the last time I ate in my Riad, this time i would like to eat out in atmospheric restaurants in the evenings. Also, are they any events on at that time?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tea rooms/restaurants Marrakech

to my knwoledge there are no particular events at this period of the year. As for tearooms, there are a number of good restaurants with live music or Karaoke such as Safran and cannelle or hotels

cheers,

liverpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tea rooms/restaurants Marrakech

We had a fabulous time in Marrakech last month and found the 'Marrakchi' restaurant just by the Djemma el Fna to be beautiful and very typically Moroccan in style and serving the best tagines.......ask to be seated in the upstairs room to appreciate the wonderful views over the Djemma El Fna. (Reasonably priced for quite grand surroundings too!)

For lunch we visited 'Cafe Arabe' a few times.......near to the Mouassine fountain in the Medina, this place serves beautiful teas and coffees as well as having a licensed bar!! (a rare thing in the Medina!)

Enjoy your trip!

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tea rooms/restaurants Marrakech

The last time we were in Marrakesh we ate at Le Tobsil, with a wonderful ambience and live music.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tea rooms/restaurants Marrakech

Bo Zin is very chic, on the road out to Pacha - nice atmosphere v european chic with a twist,

Kechmara off avenue Mohammed V on rue de la liberte nice for an informal lunch and dinner - sit at hight tables for snack menu during the day. Jad Mahal restaurant/bar v nice too. Marrakchi on the square is pretty popular too though some reckon overrated.

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: tea rooms/restaurants Marrakech

have just got back from marrakech and we ate at Dar Moha - after i booked it i read a few negative reviews - they were all wrong - the setting is beautiful, the service some of the best and definatly better than many of the restaurants in london and the food was lovely. would reccomend it to anyone!

6. Re: tea rooms/restaurants Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 11:21
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech