We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag Do Marrakech

Southend-on-sea
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Stag Do Marrakech

I am organising a stag do for my best friend. Would anyone recommend Marrakech?

37 replies to this topic
Mahdia, Tunisia
Level Contributor
397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

With no doubt yes!

But also it depends on what's your plans to do there?

Southend-on-sea
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

Great!

Plans would most likely be to party, clubs, pool parties if they do any there? generally just have a good time!

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

If you want to be raucous and drunken, then no. Try Tallinn or Helsinki. The local culture here is quite different from back home.

Mahdia, Tunisia
Level Contributor
397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

Marrakech no doubt specially at summer!

Pool parties are around all Marrakech starting with expensive ones like Myahbay where you find the big stars specially French ones to the cheap ones!

Also party and clubbing are very nice in Marrakech, also Agadir too

Enjoy your time, invite me lol

Mahdia, Tunisia
Level Contributor
397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

@mishmisha2014

raucous and drunken, then no? seriously?

I agree with you, that's really far from locals cultures but it's avaible in Marrakech wherever you go, you find big Clubs, Parties, pool parties all the summer and that's not only in Marrakech but also Agadir,Casablanca,Rabat,Tangier..

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

Just as long as they understand the different gender roles here. Any women they meet are likely to be professionals and/or worse.

There's raucous and raucous. The sort of stag do that leaves the groom tied naked to a tree would lead to very serious consequences.

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

Marrakech Stag??” Definitely!!!

I visited Marrakech twice last year (once for a stag do and once on a family holiday) and both times it was awesome.

Getting to the nitty gritty, to make our lives easier I used a UK based company to book entire stag. They were recommended to me and I organised the villa, car and clubs through them. One of their hosts met us at the airport and he was then with us during the entire trip. He was our guide and translator rolled into one. Like any city, if you want to maximise your enjoyment having a local guide….it is priceless.

The villa was great. 15-20mins from the centre. The staff were excellent and served us a cold beer on arrival, the perfect start.

What surprised completely is that Marrakech has a big Day Party scene. We visited two during our stay (Myah bay and Famous Beach). Nikki Beach was on our list of places to go but we never made it. Famous beach was so good we visited it 3 days in a row. A “Vegas” style day experience where the party was focused around a massive heated pool. Great music, very friendly people and great service. We went all out and hired our own cabana and two Jacuzzis for the day. What a great experience.

Pre-club drinks were usually at one of their great bar/lounges. We visit Jad Mahal and Comptoir in the Hivernage area. Both had great food, lively bars and music. All the clubs started pretty late. We would turn up at 1pm and it was just starting to get busy. But in the summer they are all open til 5am. My favourites were Club555 (one of the larger clubs in Marrakech) and MonteCristo (a smaller more intimate club). Awesome music and friendly people. Since our host knew everyone we had no trouble getting in or getting a good location for our table.

Summary – you should go…I am definitely going back...SOON!! :)

Mahdia, Tunisia
Level Contributor
397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

lol well it will lead to more then just very serious consequences LOL, yes you have right in that!

Well i was talking about the sort of stag do that just for enjoying partying in clubs and pools like normal peoples to enjoy raucous but not that much!

Greetings

Casablanca, Morocco
Level Contributor
6,384 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

That's exactly what I meant. The Baltics for the utterly raucous parties, Marrakech for more genteel ones.

By the way, some of these parties in villas where there have been female Moroccan guests have been busted by the cops. Be careful.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,007 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag Do Marrakech

the Nightlfe thread may be of interest:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k6…

Reply to: Stag Do Marrakech
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted