We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meknes or Rabat

Cork
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Meknes or Rabat

Just wondering which one of these would be the best city to visit. What are the pro's and con's of each visit also?

I'll be arriving in Marrakech in approximately one month...and I have Irish skin, I'm guessing I'll have to wear a lot of sunscreen in Morocco :).

I have a day to spend in one of these...so which would you recommend. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meknes or Rabat

If you are already planning to visit Marrakech and Fes, then I'd say that Rabat is a the best option (over Meknes) as it will give a different feel of Morocco than the other places. It is also a very clam town so may be a nice change from the other cities.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meknes or Rabat

Hi,

A day trip to Meknes would involve a long journey there and back, you would be better to stay a night so Rabat is probably the easier option. You can get the train from Marrakech and yes, you will need the high factor cream in June!

3. Re: Meknes or Rabat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 04:18