We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meknes & Volubilis in one day?

Which Meknes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Meknes & Volubilis in one day?

Is it possible to see Meknes & Volubilis in one day with travel to/from Fez via train? If not, what are the "must see" attractions in each place that we could cram into one day?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meknes & Volubilis in one day?

Yes you can travel to Meknes and then on to Volubilis by taxi, and back again to Fez in one day, but rather than cramming things, Morocco is better savoured at a relaxed pace.

General Patton visited Volubilis after the American invasion of Morocco in 1942, but declined the services of a guide, saying that in a previous life he had been stationed there as a Roman Centurian.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meknes & Volubilis in one day?

Thank you Tim! We are spending 2 weeks in Morocco so for most of our trip we are indeed savouring! Thanks again!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meknes & Volubilis in one day?

Hi,

When I last visited Fes for a couple of days I took a grand taxi tour to Meknes, Volubilis and Ifrane on a relaxed day trip 9am to 5pm.

Melb, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meknes & Volubilis in one day?

Hi tim

Just been reading some posts on Morocco and your name keeps popping up as an expert. I am planning a trip there in late Aug for approx 15 days and want to hire a 4x4/driver to get around. I have been quoted Euro $135 a day is this reasonable?

Is it better I book now or should I wait until I get there?

5. Re: Meknes & Volubilis in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:15