We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meknes & Volubilis

Which Meknes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
720 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Meknes & Volubilis

We are planning our trip to Morocco and would like to visit Rabat, Meknes/Volubilis and Fes. Our flight arrives at Casablanca Airport and we plan to take the train directly to Rabat. For our visit to Meknes/Volubilis, would you recommend that we do this day trip from Rabat or from Fes.

Any information on transportation would be appreciated.

Thank you.

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

Meknes is much closer to Fes than to Rabat, so I'd suggest doing it from Fes to save travel time. You'll just need to arrange transport from Meknes (taxi?) to get to Volubilis. Have a good time!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

Hi,

I did this as a day trip from Fes and it was an easy drive, no rush and plenty of time to stop off at Ifrane as well. Your accommodation will be able to help arrange transport.

singapore
Level Contributor
720 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

Hi spmm & shimmin2robertson

Thanks for your suggestions. If we arrange for a driver for the day from Fes to Meknes/ Volubillis/My Idriss/Ifrane/Fez, what do you think is a reasonable price.

Thank you.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

Hi,

Aim for somewhere between 700 to 1000 Dirhams.

5. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2012, 01:05
singapore
Level Contributor
720 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

Thanks Shimmin2robertson for the approx cost of a driver.

Do you think it is possible to get a driver for the same cost ifrom Rabat to Meknes/Vollubilis/Ifrane and drop off at Fes.

Thank you.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't done it that way ;-) No harm in asking a driver though.

singapore
Level Contributor
720 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

Thanks Shimmin2robertson.

I have booked a driver from my riad in Fez for this excursion. Can't wait to experience Morocco.

Torquay, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

Is it okay for two people who are not married to share the same room in Morocco or is it frowned upon?

Torquay, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Meknes & Volubilis

I am travelling to Morocco and because of their beliefs was wondering if there is a problem with two people of opposite sex sharing the same room although we are a couple we are not married -any comments would help - thanks