We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco: Meknes or Moulay Idriss overnight?

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
87 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Morocco: Meknes or Moulay Idriss overnight?

A question for those who have visited Volubilis. I intend spending 24 hours in Meknes or Moulay Idriss en-route from Fes to Casablanca by rail in early July.

While there I would like to see the Roman ruins at Volubilis as well as local sights.

I would appreciate advice on the better locality to stay in for my short visit, and any other suggestions for the trip.

TIA

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco: Meknes or Moulay Idriss overnight?

You can visit Volubilis from Meknes as a half day trip from Meknes by grand taxi. I believe that Moulay Idriss, previously closed to overnight stays by non-muslims, has fairly recently allowed a few maison d'hotes to open. If so then Volubilis is within walking distance (about 4 km.)

2. Re: Morocco: Meknes or Moulay Idriss overnight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 06:18