We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in Morocco, kind of have an agenda , but need help ;)

Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Week in Morocco, kind of have an agenda , but need help ;)

After a year of "Thinking" and "checking" we have decided on flying to Rabat for a week in April. ( from Saturday to Friday) . Questions :

1. Should I book the hotel with Ortitz as a part of the package or use airbnb.com (privet rooms) or any other source? How realistic is 30-40$ a night hotel? I am spoiled but like to have basic comfort and intend to use hotel just for a night sleep

2. What is the "ggod" neighbourhood in Rabat?

3. Not renting a car but want to see Marakesh and Fez ( both a MUST) . How doable to do it as a day trip ( 2 day trips) ?

4. What are other "day trips" we can take?

5.How easy and relaible the train system is ? Should I be buying the tickets in advance?

6. Does Rabat have a good public transportation in the city? How much is a day pass?

7. How easy it is to get to and from Rabat airport ?

Sorry, I know a lot of questions , but I have to start somewhere ;) Thank you for your input!!!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week in Morocco, kind of have an agenda , but need help ;)

Have a look at Rabat and elsewhere in Looklex, http://looklex.com/morocco/index.htm

Rabat tramway map: tram-way.ma/fr/…

Both Fez and Marrakech can be visited by train, see www.oncf.ma

Fez is about 2.5 hours each way so *could* be a day trip but would be better as an overnight. Marrakech is well over 4 hours each way.

Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week in Morocco, kind of have an agenda , but need help ;)

Thank you Tim,

link for train is in French ;( I have tried it already .....

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week in Morocco, kind of have an agenda , but need help ;)

Why Rabat? - although it is the modern capital it is one of the least interesting locations in Morocco. Small, and only really only an administrative/government/embassy centre. Very little to occupy a visitor for more than a day. Tangier and Casablanca are equally as boring. Have a look at Fes and Marrakech again, ancient cities with a history of culture, far, far more interesting than parochial Rabat.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week in Morocco, kind of have an agenda , but need help ;)

Google for just 'ONCF' then click on translate site.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,325 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Week in Morocco, kind of have an agenda , but need help ;)

Hi,

A year of thinking and planning and you've decided to stay in Rabat for a week. Why?

6. Re: Week in Morocco, kind of have an agenda , but need help ;)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 06:19