We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier med to Tangier city

5 posts
Save Topic
Tangier med to Tangier city

Hi!

I wonder if there’s still a free shuttle from the new port to the city, I will be arriving to Tangier Med very early in the morning, to be precise at 6 am and I wonder if there are either free shuttles or any bus I can take at that time.

3 replies to this topic
North Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tangier med to Tangier city

The transfer bus operated by Tanger Med Port Authority was discontinued several years ago, but there is a local bus service Alsa number 1-3 which passes along the highway outside the ferry terminal, I used it last year and the fare was 7 dirhams, it takes one hour to Tangier Ville railway station which is about a mile from the city centre, there are plenty of Petit taxis available on the rank at the station.

To catch this bus you must walk out of the ferry terminal along the access road passing the Grand taxi rank (they charge 250 dirhams to Tangier city, )....then turn right into the highway where you will see the concrete bus shelter on the uphill side of the road, pictured here....

travellerspoint.com/photos/…

The ferry terminal and access road pictured here.....

There is also one train daily at 0945 arriving at Tangier Ville railway station at 1050, you can buy your ticket at the ONCF desk inside the ferry terminal, the station is below the terminal, accessible by stairs or an elevator.....

There are banks in the terminal complex with Atm's where you can obtain cash dirhams if needed, also a Flemings cafeteria but probably not open at the early hour when you arrive.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tangier med to Tangier city

@kaptainsensible

Thank you very much for the information! I really appreciate it :).

Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tangier med to Tangier city

There is a train froum tangier med to Tangier city. You might want to check oncf.ma

Have a nice trip

Reply to: Tangier med to Tangier city
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted