We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sevilha / Tarifa by bus?

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Sevilha / Tarifa by bus?

In April i´ll be in Spain and i´ll spend a wek at Morocco. But we haven´t decided yet how i can get from Sevilha to Tarifa. I´ve been told that I couldn’t go by train. I could make this trip by bus? Do you have any information about schedules/companies that can make this transfer? Could u indicate me any place to stay in Sevilha and Tarifa (hostel or hotel)? Thx a lot!

Ludmilla

Chicago
Level Contributor
11 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sevilha / Tarifa by bus?

LeMaitre,

I have a similar question on transportation from Sevilla to Tarifa. Will you be taking a bus or train and can you help me with the schedule.

Chicago
Level Contributor
11 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sevilha / Tarifa by bus?

LeMaitre,

I have a similar question on transportation from Sevilla to Tarifa. Will you be taking a bus or train and can you help me with the schedule.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sevilha / Tarifa by bus?

The best way of getting to Tarifa from Seville is by bus, leaving from Prado San Sebastian on Linesur to Algeciras. The bus will leave you at the port. You can buy your ticket Tarifa-Tangier at the Algeciras port, at the FRS counter. Then take their free shuttle to Tarifa which leaves just outside the main port entrance. They will not care if you are going to Tangier the same day, the ticket is good for a year.

In Tarifa, it's basic but I like Pension Correo, in front of the Post Office.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
9 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sevilha / Tarifa by bus?

Hi, Chano. Thx for helping me! I have one more dought: could i get to Tangier from Tarifa with the ticket bought in Algeciras (as u recommended) or i´d have to get back to Algeciras, from Tarifa? This shuttle would also be free? I´ve been told that the ferry Algeciras-Tanger is longer than Tarifa-Tanger. Is that so?

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sevilha / Tarifa by bus?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post. The FRS company has a ticket window in Algeciras, where you can buy your ticket for Tarifa-Tangier, but you take the ferry from Tarifa. And FRS runs a free shuttle between the two cities to make it easier for people arriving to Algeciras to take the quicker ferry from Tarifa.

6. Re: Sevilha / Tarifa by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 03:15