We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tangier

uk
1 post
Save Topic
tangier

I would like to know what we can do in Tangier as we will arrive on the ship next week for the day?

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tangier

just walk in the old streets of the casbah, nothing else to do

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tangier

Tangier is not really a popular place for tourists to visit although if coming from Gibraltar or Spain for a day trip, it can be a very exciting prospect until you actually arrive.

It has tourist sights such as the beach, Place de France, Grand Socco, Mendoubia Gardens, Caves of Hercules (14Km from Tangier centre), the Kasbah, Teatro Cervantes, the American Legation & Museum, Musée d'Art Contemporain de la Ville de Tanger, Hotel Continental high up in the kasbah - Tangiers first hotel built in 1865, visit famous Cafe Hafa for tea and to see the sunset.

Of course you are limited by time but you can stay close to the port, it is not far to the souks and French style cafes and get some Moroccan souvenirs but haggle hard.

You can get a taxi back to the port and I have found the taxi drivers do largely use the meters unike elsewhere, the fare will no be high.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tangier

Forgot to say, if you use a taxi, get the small one which is metered. The larger grand taxi's (Mercedes) are not metered and the drivers tend to ask too much, about £4 equiv. for a very short journey

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tangier

I just read two posts on Tangier on this site. Both used guides and had a excellent time. You might want to check them out.

5. Re: tangier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2008, 13:51
florida
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: tangier

I would like to give my recommendation for wonderful accomodations & tours of southern Spain and Morocco. I found Daniel at: tarifatravel@gmail.com on the internet. We just returned from a week with them and saw so much more than we ever could have done on our own or with another bus tour. They took our family of 4 (including 2 boys aged 7 & 10) to so many places over the course of a week. They personalize the tours to what you want to see. They are english speaking (fro England) so there is no language barrier! They have a townhouse for you to stay in & they pick you up every day for a day of fun & knowledge. Their knowledge of the area and sights is impressive. If anyone is looking to tour southern Spain and day trip to Morocco, Contact Daniel

7. Re: tangier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 20:18