We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in Morocco, looking for advice.

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting in Morocco, looking for advice.

Hi everyone, Myself and my girlfriend are travelling to Morocco from Portugal in late November for around 2 to 3 weeks. We plan to go Tangier, Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakech and Fes to finish. As for accomadation we are hoping to go pretty cheap i.e clean places with bed and shower. Having done some research it seems that just turning up and booking a hotel when we arrive might be the best idea as a lot of places i have seen have no online booking facilities. We are hoping to spend a couple of days in each place and then travelling primarily by train throughout the country. Any tips or info on hotels would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and regards.

Ronan

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in Morocco, looking for advice.

D'ont bother with Casablanca, otherwise Tangier, Rabat, Marakech and Fes are the main towns and each is worth a visit. You are correct in your assumption that the cheaper backpacker type places tend not to have any online booking.

Distances can be great in Morocco, for instance Marrakech to Fes is almost 8 hours by train, so bear that in mind when planning your trip. Train times & prices can be found at www.oncf.ma.

Eid el kebir 2009 the main holiday in Morocco (like the Christian Xmas) falls on 27th Nov in 2009, so if you are still travelling in Morocco during this period try to buy your tickets in advance of the day of travel.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in Morocco, looking for advice.

Hi,

if you will stay here in Morocco so long time as 2-3 weeks you chould go to the desert too, to Erg Chebbi for example.

You can take this trip:

Tangier - Rabat - Casablanca - Essaouira - Marrakech - Ouarzazate (Ait BenHaddou) - Skoura - Todra Gorges - Rissani - Erg Chebbi (Khamlia village without tourists quiet, to listen to special music Gnawa take a camel trek into the sand dunes overnight there etc)

or

Tangier - Rabat - Casablanca - Essaouira - Marrakech - Ouarzazate (Ait BenHaddou) - Agdz - Zagora with MHamid - then to Erg Chebbi via Tazzarine - Rissani

and after Erg Chebbi to Erfoud - Errachidia - Azrou to Meknes and Fez and the back to Tangier and home.

Anyway where you are going have a really nice travel, maybe we can meet us here somewhere because I am here now in holiday .

3. Re: Visiting in Morocco, looking for advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2010, 05:19