We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Access to Morroco from Spain

jersey
Level Contributor
11 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Access to Morroco from Spain

Next Easter my young family and I are thinking of getting in to Morocco for a couple of weeks adventuring from Spain i.e. fly to Malaga and catch a ferry...any suggestions to enjoy most comfortable route and where would you stay on the first night in Tangier

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Access to Morroco from Spain

I would take the ferry from Tarifa directly into Tangier town. You can go by bus from Malaga to Algeciras and buy your ferry tickets in the port terminal. Then you can get the free bus (takes half an hour) from Algeciras to Tarifa (both FRS and Comarit do the free bus service) and take the fast ferry to Tangier. Alternatively, you could get a ferry from Algeciras, but since the ferries from Algeciras only go to Tangier Med port, this would entail getting the shuttle bus from Tangier Med port into Tangier town - about an hour away.

My own personal choice for accommodation would be one of the B & B's in the medina/kasbah area (see TA list) such as Maison Arabesque or La Tangerina. Of course there are also many hotels along the seafront. I don't know what kind of budget you have in mind.

2. Re: Access to Morroco from Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 06:21