We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlas Almohades Hotel

Canberra
Level Contributor
143 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Atlas Almohades Hotel

My husband and I are travelling to Morocco in October of this year. We will be staying in Tangier for one night prior to catching the ferry across to Spain. We are considering staying in the Atlas Almohades Hotel. I understand that this was formerly the Ramada Les Almohades. The reviews are pretty mixed and I was wondering if anyone knows if the change of hands from Ramada to Atlas has improved the hotel or not. Also, I can't seem to find the hotels website so that I can book directly with them. The only way, I seem to be able to book is through websites such as booking.com. Does anyone know if the hotel has their own website? Thanks for your help

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlas Almohades Hotel

My experience of hotels in the "Atlas" group normally does not improve hotels, but that is just my personal opinion. As a Ramada hotel it was not up to the normal standard that one would expect from such a Company. Do not expect it to match 4* European standard. Would suggest if you are booking if you like views to book a sea-front bedroom, the minus to this is that it can be more noisy due to the trafic, though in October it will have quitened down.

I do not think that they have their own website. Would suggest that you check prices on several of the booking agents sites, then perhaps ring the hotel direct and see if they will give you a lower rate, maybe.

Have a good trip

Canberra
Level Contributor
143 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlas Almohades Hotel

Thank you Tangergirl. Do you have a view about the El Minzah Hotel? It is considerably more expensive than the Atlas Almohades and it also gets some pretty poor reviews. A number of reviews talk about scams and there is even one who indicates that they had things stolen from their room. Do you know if there are any hotels in Tangier that are reliable? Thanks for your help.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlas Almohades Hotel

To Marggy,

As a DE for Tanger I am not allowed to recommend a hotel to you on this forum.

I would like to say in defence of the El Minzah that before I bought my own home in Tanger I spent many years staying there when I was visiting Tanger. I never had anything whatsoever stolen from my bedroom or any other area inside the hotel. I in fact lost my Visa card on one occassion when I was leaving the hotel and did not discover this until I returned back to England, where there was a message on my answering machine from the reception staff informing me that they had it and would keep it in their safe or post it on to me if I let them know which I would prefer. Another occassion I left my engagement ring on the bed went out for the morning and the chamber maid came to me when I returned with it informing me that it had dropped it on to the floor and they had found it when they were stripping the bed. I did not experience any scams whatsoever, nor in fact did I see any going on.

On another occassion I broke my foot one hour before departing from Tanger, I was in plaster and unfit to travel, in fact unable to walk at all. The El Minzah at a moments notice allowed me to keep my room, provided me with a wheelchair, the porters did shopping for me, collected medication and even arranged to transport me up and down from my bedroom to the main areas of the hotel and drive me with the wheelchair to the airport when I was deemed fit to be able to travel back home.

4. Re: Atlas Almohades Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 02:16