We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier to Fez Train

Arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tangier to Fez Train

Hello,

I will be traveling from Spain to Fez in April and I have looked on the ONCF website for train times but, they seem limited to me.

The site has the first train departing at 8:45, then second at 10:40 and then there is not another one until 17:35 arriving in Fez at 21:50. Does this seem right?

I don't believe I will be able to make the 10:40 train and I would not like to arrive in Fez as late as 21:50.

Is there another train to take or will more times be available closer to the travel date? Any other Ideas?

Thank you!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

Having just checked the current train timetable on my cell phone I'm afraid that the information that you have is correct (except the first departure is at 8.25 am). It would be worth your while checking out the Supratours bus schedules (part of the ONCF) group at the same webpage. I'm not sure whether another bus company, CTM, covers this route, but someone will!

Arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

Thanks for the help!

I think I will make Chefchaouen my first destination instead of having such a long travel day.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

But also take into account the time zone change which means you gain two hours from Spain to Morocco. By then Spain (CET) is on summertime but Morocco is on GMT and doesn't go to summertime until 1 May.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

Tim - there is no time change in Morocco in 2012 this year. Morocco will remain on GMT throughout the year. This has mostly to do with the timing of Ramadan this year, obviously earlier than last year, so they don't want to change in May and then change back in July.

This and other websites confirm the above: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2012.html

So Morocco will be two hours ahead of Spain and France and one hour ahead of the UK when the clocks go forward on March 25th.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

I'm so sorry everyone. The above should read that when European clocks go forward one hour, Morocco will be two hours BEHIND Spain and France and one hour behind the UK.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

None of this is certain - last year the time time change from GMT was only announced two days before it took effect in Morocco. Chaos ensued with train timetables for example being affected without the knowledge of locals and visitors alike!

Ridgefield...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

If I want to take the train from Tangier to Fes, is it direct or do I have to change trains along the way? I see that there are some times that have a correspondance (Sidi Kacem and Mechra Bel Ksiri) but if the ONCF doesn't list a correspondance than do I assume I don't have to change trains during that trip?

Thanks,

Lisa

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

Hi Lisa;

Welcome to Morocco Travel forums.

Yes you will change the Train in Sidi Kassem, to Fes via Meknes.

9. Re: Tangier to Fez Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 07:16