We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Tangier to Barcelona?

Save Topic
Ferry from Tangier to Barcelona?

Hello! I'm curious if any of you have experience taking the ferry from tangier to Barcelona. Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Tangier to Barcelona?

Occasionally I check www.directferries.co.uk/tangier_ferry.htm which shows there to be a ferry from Tanger to Barcelona three times each week with Grandi Navi Veloci.

Also there is Grimaldi Lines who have a sailing once per week.

In both cases the journey takes 25 hours as the distance is great. Perhaps you could consider flying or break up the journey by taking a coach and making several stops?

Edited: 29 May 2012, 22:39
Merzouga, Morocco
Level Contributor
233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Tangier to Barcelona?

I was travelling by car and took the Grandi Navi Veloci ferry from Tanger Med to Barcelona last month. It left at around 6pm and arrived at about 8pm the next day.

I arrived three hours early and boarding took about an hour and a half. There are a couple of restaurants on board, a bar and a small shop. I'd recommend taking a book/s as there is nothing to do.

You can wander on the deck but when I went there were no chairs available.

Wifi is available for an additional charge.

3. Re: Ferry from Tangier to Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:17