We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier or Marrakech

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tangier or Marrakech

Hi

Having been to Marrakech now a number of times and agadir a few. I wanted to ask is it worth/advised me travelling around Morroco and seeing other places such as tangier?? Is there much to do n see? But more importantly does it have that same buzz and magic like Marrakech?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tangier or Marrakech

Tons to see all over Morocco. As you have presumably seen most of Marrakech I expect you could then just be using it as a base and doing trips out of town.

As for the rest, much depends on the time you have available.

Day trippers from Europe stay in Tanger mainly. If there for two days then do Chefchaouen/Asilah/Grotte de Helcule.

If you have more time then the possibilities are endless with such offerings as Fes or the mountain regions.

All depends on how much driving you wish to do and how much time you have available.

Pray tell us more.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tangier or Marrakech

If you love Marrakech then think of Fes as John suggests (personally I think Tanger is what it is - a crossroad between Europe and the Maghreb).

Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tangier or Marrakech

Thank you, both of you

I think Fez will be on the agenda.

In all honesty the plan is to move one day so I suppose I am just trying to find the right spot.

Some great advice guys. Thank you once again!!

4. Re: Tangier or Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 10:16