We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from cruise port to centre

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from cruise port to centre

We will be stopping at Tangiers on a cruise next year.

Can anyone tell me how far the port is from the centre - is it walkable or is transport available?

Thank you for any replies

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from cruise port to centre

I presume that you are meaning Tanger Med, if that is the case then it is approx 40KM to Tanger city centre, travel time around one hour, fares vary according to which means of transport that you use. There is a bus shuttle service operated by the ferry companies which is supposed to be free? I think that you may have to pay up to 200MDH for a Grande taxi, or you can use the shared taxis which cater for 6 passengers, and tend to be very cramped and do travel at exceptionally high speed, you are able to buy extra seats on one of these tasxis, but do remember that they are normally very old vehicles.

2. Re: Distance from cruise port to centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:18