We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aircar car rental

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aircar car rental

We are looking at an option to rent a car for a day for our trip and I wonder if anyone could provide me a feedback regarding one of the car rental companies - AirCar. It looks like a local company, and I read not very nice reviews about experience with them in Marrakech.

Also, their locations seems to be

96/98 Mohamed 6, Bd Residence Mastoura M7

Is it possible to walk there from the port? It looks like it is around 1km from the port which is not an issue, but I wonder if there are any reasons we shouldn't be walking there?

Thanks in advance.

Espoo, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aircar car rental

We rented a car from Aircar Tangier last summer and are planning to use them again this summer. Last summer we booked through rentalcars.com, but will book directly from Aircar this time.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aircar car rental

I cannot comment on your car hire company, as I do not know them, but if I am reading your address right Mohammed 6 Boulevard, is one of the main Roads in the city centre and should cause you no problems at all accessing it. Though I personally would get a taxi, which will cost you very little, but if you are coming late/morning/early afternoon will save you both time and avoid the heat, , but I am a lazy person and find walking in the heat overpowering.

Murcia, Spain
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aircar car rental

Hello Yellowprism. Did you manage to find de Aircar Rental Car Office? How did you make it? Did you take a bus or a taxi or you walked there directly from the port? I would really apreciatte your indications because I´m renting a car from them next thursday and i can´t find the exact adress in google as it comes in the web page. Finally, hou was you experiences with this company?

Thank you¡¡¡

Murcia, Spain
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aircar car rental

Hello Marianne. I´ve read your post and i´m renting a car with AirCar Rental Car this thursday. As you have preovious experience with them, i would apreciatte some indications about how to get from the port to the office in the downtown because i can´t locate it exactly wiht google.

Thanks¡¡¡¡

Espoo, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aircar car rental

Hi PeterSaints, Aircar office is closer to Tanger Port than Tanger Med Port, so if you're taking a ferry from Algeciras I would advice to take the ferry to Tanger Port. Aircar office is within walking distance from the port (a bit over 1km, 15 min), on Av. Mohamed VI, but if you have a lot of luggage I suggest to take a taxi since it really doesn't cost much.

Make sure the office is open when it's time to return the car. When we went to return our car last summer their office was closed and we missed two ferries while waiting since nobody picked up the phone. We didn't want to loose a third one so in the end we just left the car there and took the keys with us. Once at the ferry we finally got a hold of Aircar so we gave the keys to the manager at the ferry and someone from Aircar picked up the keys from the port once the ferry returned. It was a bit of a hassle, but in the end everything worked fine. We would have rented a car from them again, but this summer we chose Thrifty through Orbitz just because their price was the best.

Enjoy your trip! We'll be there next week!

Murcia, Spain
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aircar car rental

Thank you very much for your answer Marianne. We will probably take a taxi, they are very cheap and we will avoid the hot at in the afternoon walking with the luggage. We are going to take the ferry from Tarifa to Tanger Ville. We are returning the car one day in advance we are leaving Moroco so we don´t expect to have any problem wit this. I hope not to have any truble with the company.

Thanks again and have a good trip!!!

Murcia, Spain
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aircar car rental

I rented a car with Aircar car rental in Tangier this summer. I had a very good experience. The office was very easy to find, at the beginning of Boulevard Mohamed VI. If you are coming from Tanger Ville port you will find the office on your right side. It´s a 15 minutes walk from the port. The car was almost new, and was in perfect conditions. The only problem was that the employee didn´t speak spanish but finally finally manage to understand each other. We didn´t have any problem returning the car either. I would recommend this company.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aircar car rental

I hired a car from aircar through the airline I flew with to Tangier. Aircar have a desk at the airport. The man behind the desk was polite took copies of passport,driving licence and a deposit of aprx €1000.

The car was very old with more than 120.000 km on the clock. The steering was very hard but when I called them they were so adamant that it was nothing wrong with it. It was dented every where. Needless to say that I didn't do much driving with it. On the returm the man was polite, he apologised drove it himself and again he said it was a normal non power steering car.

The price was cheep compare to others but the car wasn't worth the deposit.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Aircar car rental

I hired a car from aircar through the airline I flew with to Tangier. Aircar have a desk at the airport. The man behind the desk was polite took copies of passport,driving licence and a deposit of aprx €1000.

The car was very old with more than 120.000 km on the clock. The steering was very hard but when I called them they were so adamant that it was nothing wrong with it. It was dented every where. Needless to say that I didn't do much driving with it. On the returm the man was polite, he apologised drove it himself and again he said it was a normal non power steering car.

The price was cheep compare to others but the car wasn't worth the deposit.

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Aircar car rental

How can you book directly a car? I looked at aircar.ma but you can only ask for a reservation. Do you have to do a reservation and after that you have to pay? When do you do the payment?