We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt car rental office in Tangier

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt car rental office in Tangier

We are planning to go to Tangier this May and I wanted to rent a car to drive to Tetouan. I've booked the car with Sixt, but their office is a bit away from the port. The address indicated is

9 Rue Al Jabha Al Watania Hispam. I am not able to find the street on the google maps, but i found couple of businesses that seem to have address on the same street. It looks like to get there we need to walk to the Rue Salah Addine al Ayuobi/Rue de la Plage, the along it walk to the Rue Anoual/Rue de Murillo and it will lead us through some small street to the Rue al Jabha al Watania(al Ouatania). Is it correct way to get there by foot? Are the streets marked well in that part of the city?

Also, with the street names, it looks like mapquest and bing maps have one name some streets and google map has another. Above the first name was from bind, and the second from google maps. Which one is correct? Any extra information would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

I think the address may be Rue Jabha Al Watania, which is the side street just as you approach Hotel Rembrandt, it is also on the same side of the road as Casa Espana., The road has several spellings thus may be the reason that you cannot find it on the map.

I would suggest you walk along Boulevard Pasteur from Cafe deFrance and it is about a five minute walk. Do not go past the Hotel Rembrandt, but just as you approach the hotel take the side road and it is just a couple of minutes walk to your address.

Hope that helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

Thank you very much tangiergirl. The Casa Espana helped me to figure out where it is more specifically. Hotel Rembrandt is a bit more confusing. Judging by google maps it is quite far from the small side street, but when it comes to Morocco, I've learnt not to trust google maps completely. I am assuming Cafe de France (Cafe Paris?) is near Place de France. Will I make it there if I walk from the port following the streets I've mentioned in my original question? Is there a good reason not to walk there from the port?

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

I personally do not know the names of the streets that you mention other than Rue de la Plague, but I think I know where you are meaning. It is not the way that I would go, I think that it is more straight forward to head for the Petit Socca, which should be signposted from the port, and then head upwards past the El Minzah hotel to Plaz de France and then proceed along Boulevard Pasteur past the Cannons until you reach Jabha el Watania, which is the Spanish quarter. Alternatively you could always get a petit taxi (which is normally what I do) because of the climbing up so many steps and which is so very cheap. I will add that your way is interesting, but you may very easily get lost, as most of those streets will not have names and several of them will not have roads, just alleys.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

Thanks tangiergirl, as usual your feedback is much appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

I also have a car rental booked at this location in May, but the location website and confirmation email I received both had a strange direction under the "How to Find Us" section. It says:

"There is only one terminal in this airport.

The Sixt branch is located in the

arrival hall. Please follow signs to car rentals."

I don't think there is an airport here, and now I am worried that this location is not where I think it is (I am looking for something in the city, somewhat near the port. Can anyone confirm that this location is in Tangier city, NOT the Sixt location at the airport.

thank you very much!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

>I don't think there is an airport here

Ibn Battuta is Tanger's airport and is a few km to the south of the city. For very obvious reasons, many hire companies have offices in downtown Tanger and at the airport. Best confirm with Sixt where you have booked.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

Update: I finally had an email back from Sixt this morning. They confimed that the location is in tangier city and that the address is "9 Street Al jabha Al wataniya ( Hispamaroc) ."

hope that helps others in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

For anyone wondering, the Sixt car pick up is in Tangiers, in the city. It is hard to find because you pick up from the travel agency at the ground level at Hotel Rembrandt in Tangiers. If you are coming in from the ferry you can take a cheap petit taxi a few minutes to Hotel Rembrandt. When we arrived at the travel agency, they called for the car pick up (we were early). They spoke a little english, but not too well, we mostlly used french.

Also, FYI, buy a map in tangiers, we thought we would find one on the road, but ended up never finding one at any of the rest stops or gas stations we tried.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

Even better, North Americans should buy the National Geographic Adventure map of Morocco before leaving home, see amazon.com/Morocco-National-Geographic-Adven…

Edited: 29 June 2014, 12:03
10. Re: Sixt car rental office in Tangier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:15