We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

Hi Everyone,

My boyfriend and I are going to the Seychelles for the first week in September. It's our first time and I have only just started the research into our trip. Obviously as we have a time restraint of just 5 days we can only see one island. So this is where I need some advice.

Our main focus for our time there is, diving (boyfriend) which is very important, lazing on the beach (me), and just general sight seeing and frequenting nice restaurants in the evening. I suppose we will revolve our accommodation around the diving part of the trip. I would really appreciate all advice and tips that anyone can give me.

Many thanks

Habich
Level Contributor
814 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

Mahe!!!

just my opinion - but for 5 days!!! Mahe is a good start. Then, the next time - go for it....

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

I know, I can't get anymore time off but it's better than nothing and it's not a long plane journey from the Middle east. From the sounds of what it is like I'm sure there will be plenty more trips out that way for more exploring. For now Mahe it is. Thanks for your reply. So now I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of dive companies in Mahe and some nice mid range hotels close to the beach or preferably on the beach and near to dive centers.

Thanks in advance :-)

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

We used the Underwater Centre some years ago when they were at the Coral Strand. They are now at the Berjaya. They are a PADI 5 star IDC centre and were excellent. Great equipment and safe practices. The Berjaya is a mid priced hotel and although not my first choice I suppose if the focus is to dive whilst you sunbathe then it'll be fine as there are plenty if plces to go and eat in MAHE.

http://www.diveseychelles.com.sc/index.html

4. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 12:23
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

Thanks guys for your replys. So after looking into your suggestions and thralling through trip advisor & Seychelle travel sites. I now have a short list of my favourite hotels within our budget. If we don't stay exactly in Beau vallon we plan to hire a car for our whole stay otherwise, we'll just hire for maybe a day or two to explore the island.

ID - Thanks a mil for the dive center suggestion. As soon as I know which hotel I'm staying at we will then see if they provide a hotel pick up.

VesSeychelles - Thank you also for all your tips. A couple of your hotel suggestions are on my shortlist.

So here's my list, please can somebody guide me to make a decision on one of these.

- La Villa Seychelles (Glaces) , seems a bit remote but like I said we will hire a car for the whole stay. I really love the look of this place. It looks fab. My only concern is that it is far from beaches, etc. While my boyfriend is diving I would plan to drive to one of the beaches to chill out. Would this be easy for me to get too. Very reasonable rates.

- Le Meridien Fishermans Cove, this place looks beautiful, I would think that its on the same lines as the Hilton and seems to be within walking distance to everything.

- Bliss Hill - beautiful too, seems a bit out so car hire would be a must here I suppose.

- Hanneman - perfect location wise but seems to be lacking in the beauty that the others have

- Hilton (Glaces) - Looks picture perfect but seems to be extremely pricey and food gets only medicre reviews. Can we walk to restaurants in Beau Vallon or are we best having a car the whole trip?

At the moment I'm kind of going between Hilton or La Villa!! Any help anyone can give in helping me rich a decision will be greatly appreciated. I'm sooooooooooo excited. I get butterflies just thinking about it :-)

6. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 18 January 2012, 12:23
7. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

Habich
Level Contributor
814 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

The Meridien - you feel the tide very much. No comparison to Hilton. There the beach is fantastic. Schnorkling great. But you need a car if you want to go away to some good food. I would go for the Hilton. You are short on time, and you only live once!!! Go for it!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

Just returned from 10 night trip ehich had 3 nights at beau Vallon followed by 6 on praslin and then another back on Mahe at the Contance ephelia at port Launay.

From what you say, I'd go with the Beau Vallon recommendation. I stayed at the Berhjaya and it is right on the beach and has a dive centre. You have also other restauranats nearby if you want a change. If you do go for the berjaya 9which is reasonable but doesn't get the greatest of reviews) go for the Chalet style accomodation. it does cost a bit more but still cheaper than the better hotels and it is much nicer and more spacious. Personally I had a very pleasant stya there despite my initial misgivings after reading the reviews.

The other hotel I stayed at (Constance Ephelia) was absolutely fantatsic - far exceeded my expectations on every front. It also has a dive centre and has 2 beaches (South - Junior Suites; North - Senior Suites and villas). Dive centre is on North beach which is better for swimming snorlelling etc as it is not as shallow as the South. It is also right on a Marine Park, so I'd imagine great diving (but I don't dive so can't say for sure). The resort overall is amazing but there is not an awful lot else around it. That said you may be happy spending 5 nights there anyway. Guess you could hire a car and go out and about a bit also. In my opinion well worth the extra money. Beau Vallon is a good location though, with lots else going on. (well lots compared to other parts of the Seychelles) and it is a nice beach.

Habich
Level Contributor
814 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seychelles for 5 days - which island?

Stayed 2 weeks in Constance in May. Fantastic!!! go for it!!! It was my 4th visit to the seychells, and my best!

Diving, snorkeling - great!