We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain do I need coat

Staffs
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
rain do I need coat

I am going to Mahe, Praslin and La Digue next week but notice they are having storms at mo. I didnt intend to take a coat just cardigan in case it was chilly of an evening and a pac a mac (v. light) and small umbrella. Will this be sufficient? or do I need something more substantial for the rain? C;heers

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rain do I need coat

I'd say what you say is about right, although personally as a runner who runs in all weather I don't mind a bit of rain. Even when it rains it is still pretty humid and the heat is still around 27 degrees.

2. Re: rain do I need coat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 16:02
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: rain do I need coat

Hi .. Your hotel / resort should give you umbrellas if required .But what you have is sufficient to my knowledge .It did rain when we were there last month and we managed pretty OK with an umbrella .

Torquay, England
Level Contributor
675 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rain do I need coat

I would take an umbrella with you but would not bother witha cardigan or coat. I have needed a coat in the caribbean but never in the seychelles and its too hot for a coat. Would also recommend taking a torch with you as we have experienced a couple of power cuts.

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rain do I need coat

Small umbrella, but not a jumper, that's just not needed unless you feel the cold in a sauna..

Seriously, the rain is a blessing, and kind of mellows out the humidity when it's apparent.

Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: rain do I need coat

You might want to take a plastic rain poncho or light windbreaker. We were in the Seychelles in August and regretted we didn't have any light raingear. Even though we had an umbrella, it wasn't enough on our sightseeing tour to La Digue because it rained fairly heavily and the wind made it a bit chilly. Also, you might need a windbreaker if you go on any boat rides when it's windy.

Stratford-Upon-Avon
Level Contributor
260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rain do I need coat

This time of year there is little or no wind and the humidity and temperature mean its still warm when it rains - maybe take a small umbrella just in case you get caught in a shower.

8. Re: rain do I need coat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 16:02
roma
Level Contributor
184 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rain do I need coat

I have just returned and experienced a day of heavy rain all day long in praslin and hafl day in la digue.we couldn't go out of our hotel in both occasion.

the last three days were nice, even with short scattered rain. an umbrella and a very very light rain coat will be ok,

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rain do I need coat

Why couldn't you leave your hotel room. It's only a bit of rain, it won't kill you lol

Seriously though. You shouldn't have let a bit of rain ruin your holiday. Personally I would have been out in it enjoying the cooler side of Seychelles.