We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Traveler to the Seychelles

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Single Traveler to the Seychelles

Hey all! I'm looking way forward to a cruise on Silversea Nov. 25 - Dec. 2 of 2007. I thought it might be fun, pre or post cruise, to stay at one of the lovely resorts on one of the islands. I've been looking through hotel listings, and TripAdvisor reviews, and wondered if anyone had a particular favorite, that would work well for a single woman traveler in her 50's, who also likes to scuba dive. A couple of reviews said a particular resort was very couples oriented (not that it would bother me, but!)....so I just wondered if anyone had any input? I like nice resorts, but can't handle the $1000+ a night Cousine Island, though I wish I could. *smile*...thanks!

Jane

California, USA

NH USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Traveler to the Seychelles

Here is one that I stayed out that had a mixture of couples and some singles....

Praslin Island......Coco de Mer.....lovely resort very relaxing and not overly fancy. I thought the price was right too. I am sure ohter will have better suggestions for you but this is something to start with :)

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Traveler to the Seychelles

we married at the plantation club on mahe. (which was wonderful - no complaints)..but can see from the reviews on here has had some bad reviews lately.

when i go back (notice i say "when"!)..i would choose -

limited budget - sunset beach

more budget - fishermans cove

what the hell budget - banyan tree

if you can - try and squeeze in a visit to la digue island (even if it is for a day trip)..very scenic, hire a bike and cycle the island.

on the whole i would say the seychelles is very romantic (popular honeymoon choice)..but even though we married there i wouldnt have put me off travelling alone if i had the opportunity...we saw plenty of independent travellers on mahe (even picked up a german hitchhiker !)...

go for it!