We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking a 2 year old (may-july) - is there anywhere not to...

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taking a 2 year old (may-july) - is there anywhere not to...

Hi,

We are taking our 2 year old (will be by then) when we get married in the Seychelles next year. Is there anywhere not family friendly, choppy seas or full of mosquitos that you would recommend against.

plans so far: la digue island lodge then hopping for 2 week.

Mentioned in this post
South Africa
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking a 2 year old (may-july) - is there anywhere not to...

Hi We have been going to the Seychelles anually for the last 14 years. The first time was when my son was 2 years old. After La Digue i suggest Praslin at Paradise Sun, Denis Island and Desroches Island Lodge. They are all wonderful and have very safe beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Sun
Paradise Sun
1,521 Reviews
Praslin Island, Seychelles
Denis Island
Denis Island
Seychelles
South Africa
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking a 2 year old (may-july) - is there anywhere not to...

Hi We have been going to the Seychelles anually for the last 14 years. The first time was when my son was 2 years old. After La Digue i suggest Praslin at Paradise Sun, Denis Island and Desroches Island Lodge. They are all wonderful and have very safe beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Sun
Paradise Sun
1,521 Reviews
Praslin Island, Seychelles
Denis Island
Denis Island
Seychelles
UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking a 2 year old (may-july) - is there anywhere not to...

Howzit MajorTom!

Thanks for the response - are there many mozzies at La Digue Island Lodge? I read a review by someone complaining about this - didn't know if it was a one-off?

Mentioned in this post
La Digue Island Lodge
La Digue Island Lodge
1,002 Reviews
La Digue Island, Seychelles
Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking a 2 year old (may-july) - is there anywhere not to...

we married in seychelles (excellent choice!)..with regards to mosquitos, i was bitten all over but hubby wasnt bitten at all - so it depends really, we went to bird island and i was mostly bitten there, but i suppose with any tropical destination you are always gonna have that problem. just be prepared!...(first aid kit/repellent/bug killer/plenty of creams)