We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a bike on Mahe and Praslin

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
436 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a bike on Mahe and Praslin

Hi, is it possible to rent a bicycle on Mahe and Praslin? I'm thinking to stay either at Vicky's Holiday Apartments or Panorama Guesthouse (Beau Vallon) or Chez Batista (Takamaka) on Mahe and on Praslin at Palm Beach Hotel. Is it possible to rent bikes around there? Are the places good (I just need a clean, cheap and affordable room to stay)? I'm just waiting for confirmation from these places.

Thanks a lot.

A.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a bike on Mahe and Praslin

Hello Giriama!

I do not advise you to rent bikes on Mahe and Praslin. Streets are very narrow with plenty of curves and uncareful bus drivers. These 2 islands are granitic and hilly islands with plenty of steep roads. If you do not want to rent a car then try the bus: safer and quicker.

Regarding cheap accomodation I can recommend you Lemongrass Lodge and Choice Villa located in Beau Vallon the most animated part of Seychelles.

Miki

Miki

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
436 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a bike on Mahe and Praslin

Thank you for your reply. I don't have a driving licence for a car, just for a motorbike. Around 10 years ago I was cycling the Lesser Antilles so I'm used to it. I guess, there is not too much traffic on the islands? Is it possible to rent a bicycle in Beau Vallon?

Now I got confirmation for Panorama Guesthouse. 65 €/night (single) sounds good, location on the beach.

Thank you.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a bike on Mahe and Praslin

Hello Giriama!

I do not know any bike rental companies on Beau Vallon. Traffic is heavy in this area because it is the most touristic area from all the islands from Seychelles. It is the only area which offers clubs and motorized water sports. Panorama Guesthouse is very good located on Beau Vallon close to Baobab Pizzeria and Pearle Noire. I will be in the area during the second part of April.

Miki

4. Re: Renting a bike on Mahe and Praslin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:16