We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

London
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

Hello all

My husband and I are going to the Seychelles (Mahe, Praslin and La Digue) this August. Has any one got any recommendations of good places to eat / drink, that have a nice atmosphere/good views, but won't break the bank?

Also, as we are staying outside the resorts, where will be able to hire things like canoes / try windsurfing and other water sports? What prices should we expect

Thanks

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

Hello!

The cheapest restaurants with good food you will find on Beau Vallon (Boathouse, Baobab Pizzeria), Cote d'Or (La Goulue, Di Luca) or on La Digue (Lanbousier). One dish at all these restaurants is not over 200 Rs. The best views and food you will experience at Lanbousier and Boathouse. On Praslin and Mahe only the hotels can offer you windsurfing while on Mahe on Beau Vallon you will find companies that will rent you the needed equipment.

Miki

London
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

Do you need to book ahead for these restaurants?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

No, reservations are not needed.

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
450 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

In Beau Vallon the indian restaurant of Coral Strand is not too expensive (including soda/juice, I think I paid around 25 Euro). But for me the best place to eat was from the locals who are selling food by the beach. Simple food but nice and cheap (around 5 Euro). When I was there they had nice guava juice. And the best thing is you sit down right on the beach, enjoy sunset or the evening sky after sunset. And sunsets in Beau Vallon are fantastic!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

Hi,

If you're on Mahe on a Wednesday evening you can try the street food from the bazaar at Beau Vallon. Cheap and tasty and right along the beachside. On Praslin, the restaurant at Les Lauriers on Cote d'Or does a great buffet of grilled meats, fresh fish, curries and typical side dishes, as well as dessert, all for €25 per person. No views, but a good atmosphere when it's busy. On La Digue, Lanbousier is a great spot for lunch with excellent Creole food and perfect views.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

For 25 euro per person you can find plenty of restaurants to choose from.

On Beau Vallon you will find takeaways not only on Wednesday but also on every day of the week mostly during afternoons and evenings. On Wednesday you have more variety of food to choose from (fish, chicken, bat, pork) because a bazaar is running during the day.

Miki

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

Yes, you can indeed find plenty of places to eat for €25 a person, but I'm a big eater :-) and for the quantity and quality of the food at Les Lauriers, it was one of the best value meals we had during our trip. Sorry if my previous post wasn't so clear.

As for the bazaar, our hotel only told us about it being open in the evening. Wish we'd have known it was on during the day too.

8. Re: Seychelles for the Not So Super Rich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:18