We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island/lodging recommendations for snorkeling from shore

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
89 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Island/lodging recommendations for snorkeling from shore

My husband and I hope to travel to Seychelles in February. Snorkeling is our goal. We do like to explore an area to experience the culture, food is important, as are clean, comfortable accommodations. Am I too late in planning? Wrong time of year? Where would we be best suited to lodge?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island/lodging recommendations for snorkeling from shore

Hi Sally!

February is not a month in high season so you are not late in planning but you should start asap. February is part of wet season and you will have a mix of rain and sunshine. The best snorkeling off the beach you will find at Anse Royale (Au Fond de Mer View is a great accomodation close to the beach), Anse Forbans (Chalets d'Anse Forbans) on Mahe and Anse Severe on La Digue.

You have also snorkeling day trips from Mahe (St Anne MP), Praslin and La Digue (Felicite, Coco or St Pierre Island). Of course that you will find other snorkeling spots but they are located off the beaches that were incorporated by hotels (Four Seasons, Ephelia) or off expensive islands (Denis, Deroches). There is also Bird Island but I do not know if you will be annoyed by thousands of birds that are the alarm clck for the guests.

Miki

Samos, Greece
Level Contributor
189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island/lodging recommendations for snorkeling from shore

I will be making my 3rd. Feb. trip to Seychelles this year, the weather is beautiful, I recommend LaDigue, the other islands seem to have more rain than LaDigue. The snorkeling is wonderful and there are trips to Isle de Coco that will blow your mind! Also the place is small friendly and easy. Choose a self catering and there are some budget ones all are nice! You can walk all over the island or bicycle or take a SUV taxi and be picked up and returned. If you are there in Feb. ask around for me, most people know me as the painter. I'm also from the US (NYC) but live in Greece need more info ask me. seychelles.travel/en/…

Also the island is small, so you don't have to stay in a place on the beach, lots of nice places just 100 meters inland. Regards, Janet

3. Re: Island/lodging recommendations for snorkeling from shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:17