We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

Hi,

In what proportion spend 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

Hi,

I would start with Praslin for 5 days, continue with La Digue for another 5 and I would end the trip on Mahe. Praslin and La Digue are more deserted than Mahe and offers really exceptional beaches. The islands around Praslin and La Digue should not be missed, especially Curieuse and Cousin. They are offering a perspective of Seychelles totally different from Praslin, La Digue or Mahe.

Miki

Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

Regardless of what's Mahe much bigger!?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

If Seychelles had only the main island Mahe, I would not return there. The reason for returning to Seychelles is the different great experiences I had on La Digue, Praslin, Cousin, Curieuse, Moyenne, Bird or Denis islands. They are visited by less tourists and this is why I feel them more close to my idea of paradisiac islands. If you want I can give you an itinerary to follow when you are there to see the greatest sceneries of Seychelles.

Miki

Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

Yes, I am very grateful for all quality information and you can write an itinerary for a trip around the islands. In addition, what kind of ships traveling between the islands, how often they drive, prices ...

Edited: 24 November 2013, 03:53
Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

We are considering a similar itinery and appreciate your thoughts

Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

We are considering a similar itinery and appreciate your thoughts

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

My itinerary will be as follows:

Day 1: Arrival on Mahe and getting the ferry to Praslin; You should stay in Anse Kerlan area, it is the most convenient in the wet season

Day 2: Hire a car and start exploring the island. Head to Anse Lazio and spend the morning there, take the lunch at Cote d'Or or Anse Lazio and afterwards go for Vallee de Mai. Take a guide and spend 2-3 hours inside the reserve

Day 3: Visit Cousin, Curieuse and snorkel around St Pierre. Watch the endemic birds, feed the tortoises and swim with turtles.

Day 4: Visit Lemuria and its gorgeous Anse Georgette (prebooking required)

Day 5: Try hiking on Salazie Track and get to Cote d'Or by foot from Grand Anse. Enjoy the local creole cuisine at Cafe des Arts or La Pirogue

Day 6: Take the ferry in the morning and go to La Digue. After check-in start exploring the island by bike. I advise you to start with L'Union Estate and Anse Source d'Argent

Day 7: Go to Grand Anse by bike and then hike to Anse Cocos where you can enjoy the natural pool guarded by big grey granite boulders

Day 8: Hire a guide and go to the most deserted beach of the 3 islands that you visit: Anse Marron; walking through the water, climbing the rocks and hiking in the topical forest are the perfect ingredients of a great adventure.

Day 9: Try snorkeling at Anse Patates and Anse Severe and visit Veuve Reserve to see the protected Paradise Flycatchers

Day 10: take a day trip to Coco and Felicite or hike on Nid d'Aigle

Day 11: Take the ferry to Mahe, hire a car and visit the beaches from south western part of Mahe together with Jardin du Roi. I advise you to book accomodation somewhere in Anse Soleil - Baie Lazare area

Day 12: Visit Victoria Market in the morning, hike on Copolia trail afterwards and end your day with a great sunset dinner in Beau Vallon

Day 13: Try to snorkel at Anse Royale and visit Plaine St Andre rhumerie (book the tour and the lunch in advance)

For transfer between Mahe and Praslin you can choose either Cat Cocos or Air Seychelles flight, while for La Digue you can choose Inter Island Ferry or Cat Cocos. Ferry Price is 100 euro for Mahe - Praslin and 128 euro Mahe - La Digue. You can find the timetable here: www.seychelles-last-minute.com/pt_68.html

Miki

Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

Very interesting itinerary. I've got it all right to study. Very thanks for the effort.

9. Re: 13 nights on Mahe, Praslin and La Digue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:19