We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help for planning a trip to Seychelles

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
Save Topic
Need help for planning a trip to Seychelles

Me and my husband are planning to go to Seychelles in mid August. I just wanted to know a few details for planning my trip -

> We are planning to stay for seven days - 4 days in Praslin and 3 in Mahe. Is this a good plan to start with?

> what are the must do's in each of the island and suggest some beaches to visit during the stay

> please suggest some budget accomodations and inter island tour operators for both in Mahe and Praslin.

> we would also like to have an initial estimate for the per day expenses.

> What kind of water sport activities are available?

Thanks for any valuable suggestion

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help for planning a trip to Seychelles

Hi teamojan,

For the first trip to Seychelles your itinerary is ok. On Mahe you should visit Victoria market, Copolia platform, Beau Vallon beach and of course the beaches from western - south-western beaches of the main island: Takamaka, Anse Intendance, Petite Anse and Anse a la Mouche. I think all these attractions are more than enough for 3 days. I advise you to rent a car.

On Praslin you have Anse Georgette, Anse Lazio, Vallee de Mai and Cote d'Or. One day trip to La Digue is a must if you want to see the best beaches in Sey. You can add also a day to Cousin and Curieuse but this means that you will have a very busy itinerary with less relaxation.

Excluding accomodation (BB basis) you need at least 120 euro per day for food and drinks if you decide to eat lunch and dinner only in restaurants. You have to add car rental costs (min 35 euro per day), fuel, inter island trips (check www.seychellesbookings.com), souvenirs and other unexpected costs.

Miki

Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help for planning a trip to Seychelles

You may stay at La Digue instead of Praslin and go for day tour to Praslin to cover Vallee de Mai and the beaches mentioned by Miki. La Digue has the best beaches in the world. Also, the cost of stay would be lesser in La Digue compared to Praslin.

3. Re: Need help for planning a trip to Seychelles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 06:35