We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have no idea where..

Wiener Neustadt...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
I have no idea where..

Hello,

To keep it short:

Budget 3500eur. (flight excluded from Vienna, so we hope we wont pass 5000eur)

2 adults in 25's

From 30 April 2014 .. 9-11 nights... depends on offer, but we will probably go via expedia.de

Some "private" or "deserted" place as close to beach as possible.

In ideal World it would be some bungalow, but I guess budget is way too low for that.

So some nice place, you know what I mean... nice scenery, In ideal World it would be beach - accomodation - hills/forests :)

No activities, nor trips maybe, hard to predict, only some nice romantic beaches for walking in sand and lying on the beach.

Food, well some restaurants nearby, or I have no idea how does this work on Seychelles

But I have absolutelly no idea what else to look for or include in this post.. so any kind of suggestion is very very welcomed :)

Thank you very much

Erik

Edited: 06 March 2014, 12:58
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
499 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have no idea where..

Hello!

I can suggest you some nice places to look and to stay. There are beautiful beaches on both three islands. On Mahe you can enjoy Anse Intendance, Anse Takamaka and others like Anse a la Mouche. On Praslin you can enjoy in Valee de Mai national park, or on the beautiful beaches such as Anse Georgette, Anse Lazio and Anse Volbert. La Digue offers a lot of breathtaking beaches and also Anse Source d'Argent, famous and beautiful bay. You can also enjoy on Grand Anse... On Mahe you can stay in the south on Mahe, where you will find deserted beaches. On Praslin stay close to Anse Lazio. On La Digue There are a couple of guesthouses. Have a nice time on Seychelles.

Uros

Mentioned in this post
Anse Intendance
Anse Intendance
698 Reviews
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Anse Takamaka
Anse Takamaka
Praslin Island, Seychelles
Anse Georgette
Anse Georgette
1,312 Reviews
Anse Lazio
Anse Lazio
3,292 Reviews
Anse Volbert
Anse Volbert
734 Reviews
Grand Anse
Grand Anse
1,316 Reviews
La Digue Island, Seychelles
Mahe Island
Mahe Island
Seychelles
mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I have no idea where..

HI,

Generally the popular place on Mahe is Beau Vallon, but a lot of people do find it over crowded and not so private, So a car hire is a plus to visit all the attractions in Seychelles, as it is easy to find a secluded beach, during the week. There wont be many on the beach options to stay, in your price range but there are many others on offer. Check www.flipkey.com for so many self catering option where you could find secluded cottages. As such there are no Private beaches in Seychelles.

www.seychellesbayview.com

Mentioned in this post
Mahe Island
Mahe Island
Seychelles
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Wicklow
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I have no idea where..

Hi Erik, I recommend the Coral Strand Hotel at Beau Vallon Bay. The sun sets on the bay's horizon. The Beach is fabulous. Restaurants to walk to where you can plunge your feet into the deep sand at your table. The most cost effective way to book the hotel is through a German travel agent (well it was when we went in 2005.)

Alternatively, for somewhere more secluded: (Rice beach) Plage du Riz on the other side of the Island (I think)

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Wiener Neustadt...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I have no idea where..

Update to the topic, so i found Berjaya. for amazing price (only like 1400eur for 11 nights in balcony room or maybe tickets were amazingly underpriced), which was lower than officialn on hotel website, but... then they raised 200eur, which wouldnt be a problem as it would still be like 900eur underpriced, but had a talk with the lady and she said, we should go to maldives after all.

So I started to look for some available vacation again and found Royal islands..

Not sure if this was a good choise, but I guess it is virtually impossible to match all of the requirements we had. Anyway, for like 3800eur and halfboard I hope we will enjoy it. it could be like 3400, but two flight stops and +3hours wait time between that, so let's say nevermind... :D

I have checked the map, even though there is 150 rooms according to agoda all of them is selfstanding-single cottage at least, even though, not all of them have 100% privacy in term of some bush as walls between "frontyard" but maybe we will be lucky or can upgrade to some private cottage?

what room number is best, does anybody know?

So they have at least according to google maps nice beaches, also according to photos of another tripadvisor users...

So we hope, it won't be overcrowded :)

Thanks all for ll the help and info, it was ver yuseful ;-)

And will let you then know, how it did go :D

Or do you suggest anything insider/info bout royal island? (its on Baa)

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have no idea where..

Hi ice b,

I am going also this year to The Maldives but Royal Island did not impress me due to average reef. It has nice beaches but Maldives is renowned for the house reefs and marine life so if these are what you are looking for you will be dissapointed. If beaches and relaxation are the main reasons for choosing Royal Island then is a good place to stay. If you go for the first time to The Maldives you will be amazed regardless of which island you choose. We have been to Kuredu and Komandhoo and now we have chosen the island resort after evaluating prices for the islands with best house reefs and Vilamendhoo was the winner.

Seychelles and Maldives are very different but also my favourite beach destinations: Maldives for snorkeling and Seychelles for nature, birds and beach hopping.

Miki

Edited: 08 March 2014, 10:20
Mentioned in this post
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have no idea where..

And I forgot to mention that on May you will experience some rainfall in The Maldives (more than Seychelles) since it is the time of the year when monsoons are changing.

Miki

Mentioned in this post
Bonanza, null...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have no idea where..

Maldives or Seychelles??!

Help!!

Andy

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have no idea where..

Hi Andy!

I love both destinations: Maldives for the house reefs, underwater fauna (whale sharks, manta rays, turtles), the glass floor spas, canoeing, parasailing and also for the all inclusive packages while Seychelles for the endemic birds, great hikes, the natural pools, giant tortoises, coco de mer and of course for the best beaches in the world. No matter what you choose you will not be dissapointed. On June I will be in The Maldives and during November back to Seychelles.

Miki

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: I have no idea where..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:17