We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Praslin airport to Raffles

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Praslin airport to Raffles

I wonder how much does it cost for getting a taxi from Praslin airport to Raffles? I got quote from hotel is Euro 110! Is it easy to get a taxi at the airport? I'll arrive Praslin in the morning.

I would also like to know where would be better to get currency exchange, Mahe airport or Praslin airport?

mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Praslin airport to Raffles

HI,

Yes it is easy to get a taxi at the airport it is a 30 minute drive from airport to the Hotel. And you should definitely get a much cheaper rate than the one quoted by the hotel.

www.seychellesbayview.com

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Praslin airport to Raffles

Hi Ying!

110 euro is really an outrageous price! Cost is maximum 30 euro one way. Do not exchange all your money at the airport. Try to change only for your first day at Barclays or MCB outside Mahe Airport and then try to take the bus from Raffles or if you rent a car head to Cote d'Or and change there at Cash Plus.

Today' rates at Cash Plus are: 1 EUR = 16.5 SCR; 1 USD = 11.90 SCR; 1 GBP = 19.70 SCR

Miki

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Praslin airport to Raffles

Miki,

Thank you so much for your information! Really helps

4. Re: Taxi from Praslin airport to Raffles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18