We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

Hello,

We are travelling to the Seychelles next Thursday and would like to attend a day trip with BBQ to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre, however I can't find any details about this tour, not sure who to e-mail, what the timetable is, how to find the boat.. I am hoping that someone can help.. Thank you so much! Adrienne

Sisters Islands Private
Islands, Beaches, Sightseeing Tours, Reefs, Other Nature & Parks
Black Pearl Transfers & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,193 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

Hi Adrienne,

I did this trip with 3 local operators: Bedier and Son, Sagittarius Taxi Boat and Bruno Larue. For the first two the departure is from Cote d'Or while for the third one the departure is from Anse Possession. Only B&S can be contacted by e-mail, the other 2 only by phone. Your itinerary should look as follows:

- 7.30 taking the first ferry to Praslin

- 8.35-8.40 take a taxi from Praslin Jetty and you will arrive in Cote d'Or / Anse Possession around 8.50

- Leave Praslin at 9.00; you will visit Cousin for 2 hrs and then you will have bbq on Curieuse enjoying the small and big giant tortoises; Around 2.30 you will leave for St Pierre snorkeling and around 4 you will be back on Cote d'Or / Anse Possession. Take a taxi back to the pier and take the last ferry to Mahe. Do not miss this trip, it is unique.

Miki

London
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

Hi Miki,

Thank you so much for your quick response, I have e-mailed Bedier and Son, hopefully they can organise this trip for us. We would also like to do a day trip from Mahe to Praline and then LaDigue. Could you please let us know how can we do this and with which boat companies?

We are only spending 5 days in Seychelles and we would like to do these two day trips, spend a day in Victoria and see some of the sights and the market and then another day see Anse Intendance/Petit Anse followed by the evening bazaar at Beau Vallon in the evening. Is there anything else that you consider as a must see?

Mentioned in this post
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,193 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

You have to contact Masons Travel or Creole Travel Services for day trips to Praslin and La Digue. I prefer to do them on my own by rented car (Praslin) or by bike (La Digue). Please note that the 2 agencies mentioned are not very customer friendly, they are replying very late to customers' emails.

Mahe has lots of attractions, you can choose between the tropical garden of Jardin du Roi, rhumerie Plaine St Andre (tour and lunch), a hike on Copolia or snorkeling at Port Launay.

Miki

London
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

Hi Miki,

It seems we will not be able to do the round trip because of cost implications... However, I would love to see some giant tortoise in their natural habitat. Do you know if there are any direct boats to either Moyenne or Curiouse islands from Mahe? Your response would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Adrienn

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,193 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

Hi Adrienn,

There is no direct boat to Curieuse or Moyenne, however you can go to Beau Vallon and ask the boatmen from the beach to take you to Moyenne. It will be more pleasant to take a day trip of 85 euro pp to St Anne MP which includes also a visit to Moyenne Island.

Miki

Mentioned in this post
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
London
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

That's great, thank you so much, we will do the St Anne MP & Moyenne Island tour then, from Beau Vallon.

Besides giant tortoise, I would like to see some of the famous granite boulders and take the ultimate Seychelles beach photo, however you mentioned in another forum, that Anse D'Argent in LaDigue is full with seaweed in April. We will only be able to travel to either Praslin, or LaDigue - which one do you recommend for this?

Thank you ever so much.

Mentioned in this post
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,193 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

Hi again!

The best places to take the ultimate beach photos with giant boulders (up to 10 m high) are Anse Marron and Anse Source d'Argent. For Anse Marron you need a guide because you are for the first time on La Digue. Few people (max 2000 per year) visit this unique beach in the world. Practically there are 2 beaches: one is a natural pool protected by heavy granite boulders and the second one is smashed by strong waves all year round. It is one of the most secluded beaches in Seychelles.

Miki

8. Re: Day trip to Curiouse-Cousin-St.Pierre from Mahe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:16