We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Seychelles

Lahore, Pakistan
Level Contributor
66 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Seychelles

Hello everyone,I'm planning to go to Seychelles for my honeymoon in early December (2nd-7th dec). I have checked on various websites and they say it's the start of the rainy season. I'm planning to stay at mahe and Do trips to praslin as don't want to do unpacking. Is it a good time to visit Seychelles as I have never been there before. And the rainy season, is it like in the far East?

I also have Capetown on my itinerary and if anyone has done this combo,please any advice or suggestion plus itinerary will be hugely appreciated. Thanks

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
499 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles

Hello!

There is more rain in December, but that not means that you won't enjoy Seychelles! You can also find a lot of sun in this time of year. THERE IS NOT A LOT OF RAIN, BUT THE WEATHER IS UNPREDICTABLE. ENJOY!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles

Hi Maddy!!

Seychelles are blessed, the rain rarely falls for days. It usually falls in brief, heavy showers which are followed by tropical sunshine. You might even enjoy a bit of proper tropical rain ;)

And don´t forget, the temperature will be good too!

Have a lovely honeymoon

Erica

Seyvillas Team

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles

Hi Maddy!

I am planning to combine Sey with SA on December. My itinerary includes 5 days in Seychelles and another 10 in South Africa. I will fly with Emirates to Mahe via Dubai, then with Air Seychelles to Johannesburg and from there I will be picked up by a car to reach Kruger NP on the same day. We will stay another 5 days on Kruger and after our safari session we will fly to Cape Town for our last 5 days. We will visit Table Mountain, the wineries, Boulders Beach, Cape Point and Garden Centre.

Miki

Torquay, England
Level Contributor
676 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles

The Seychelles is a truly beautiful destination. I would be cautious if you want some guaranteed sunshine. We went at the end of September-October one year and we had rain virtually every day for two weeks. You certainly can not guarantee the weather. The wettest month is usually February and the last time we went they had had no rain then but September was exceptionally wet. We have been in September before and had one day of rain and also in November where we had a morning of light drizzle and the rest of the two weeks were glorious.

Edited: 30 May 2014, 11:58
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles

Usually the wettest month is January which receives between 380 and 400 mm of rainfall. February is comparable with December which on average receives between 280 and 300 mm of rainfall, 25% less than January. January is also the month when floods are more likely to happen comparable with the other 11 months.

Miki

6. Re: Honeymoon in Seychelles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 06:17