We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Mahe with a n 11 year old son. Any tips ?

Valentia Island...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling to Mahe with a n 11 year old son. Any tips ?

Travelling to visit a friend in Mahe Island and bringing my 11 year old son. I know my friend will look after us but I wanted to do some research myself.

Can we both go snorkeling? What food is there as he is such a fussy eater. I am looking forward to all the fruit etc .

Any tips and tricks for entertaining an 11 year old boy?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Mahe with a n 11 year old son. Any tips ?

Hi Dee,

For having a great snorkeling you need to be in Seychelles during April - May and October - November. July and August snorkeling is really bad due to milky waters and lots of seaweed brought by south-eastern tradewinds. The best snorkeling spots on Mahe are Port Launay, Anse Royale or Anse Forbans but everything depends on the time of year when you visit Seychelles.

Regarding food you will find lots of dishes based on fish (grilled snapper, tuna steak, shark chutney, garlic shrimps, fish and chips). You will find also roasted chicken with curry, pork, beef and the local delicacy bat curry. As deserts you should try coconut nougat and ladob.

Miki

Valentia Island...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Mahe with a n 11 year old son. Any tips ?

Thank you Miki.

We are travelling at the end of May, so maybe we might be ok for snorkelling????

Just wondering is he old enough at 11 and can we hire equipment or get lessons or how does it work?

Thanks for your help

3. Re: Travelling to Mahe with a n 11 year old son. Any tips ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:17