We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Greenwich, London
Level Contributor
200 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Hey Guys,

I know August isn't the best time of year for the seychelles but is there any part of the island that experiences better weather?

Thanks

Yesh

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Hi Yesh,

The best places to stay are Beau Vallon on Mahe and Cote d'Or on Praslin. No seaweed and less wind.

Miki

Greenwich, London
Level Contributor
200 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Thank you!

Patras, Greece
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Hi,

I m planning to go to Seychelles mid August and will stay for 2 weeks. I have booked a room in Ocean View Hotel in Bel Ombre for 5 nights, I am between Villa Kass in Anse Possession and Chevalier Bay in Anse Lazio for 4 nights and have also booked 6 more nights in Etoile Labrine to end our Seychelles vacations. What is your opinion about Praslin? We love snorkeling, so we would like for the waters to be clear and calm and don't like big crowds.. And we are on a rather tight budget. Do you think my other decisions are good? Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Hi Amy,

It's a tight decision when it comes to choose between Chevalier Bay Guesthouse and Villa Kass. If you want to spend a lot of time on the most spectacular beach on Praslin (Anse Lazio) Anse Chevalier is the choice but if you want to spend more time discovering the whole island without renting a car Villa Kass is better positioned and with a better bus timetable.

Your choice for La Digue is quite good. Stayed there last year on April, local creole food is really great, they have awesome dinners and Etoile Labrine room has almost everything you need, except safe which is only available at reception. There is no Tv in the room but who needs Tv in Paradise? It is located also close to L'Union Estate gate which is another asset.

Regarding snorkeling you did not choose the right month for it, the ocean is rough during this time of year and visibility very bad. High season does not mean also a great snorkeling.

Miki

Patras, Greece
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Thank you for your comments. So, I should expect rough sea where ever I stay in Praslin, eh? Bad luck :-(

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Cote d'Or is the best place to stay on Praslin if you do not want rough seas or seaweed. Anse Possession is 5 mins away from Cote d'Or by bus or by car.

Miki

Patras, Greece
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

I am leaving for Seychelles in two weeks! How is the weather this season? Will the sea be cold? I was in Mauritius two years ago and it was rather cold. Should I expect the same?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

Hi Amy,

Mauritius weather is very different from the one you will find in Seychelles mostly during european summer when the sea and weather is much colder in Mauritius than in Seychelles. Temperatures in Seychelles very rarely drop below 24* C, the only problem during August in Sey is the wind and roughness of the seas.

Miki

9. Re: Seychelles in August - does any area experience better weath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 07:16