We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30 days in Seychelles

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
493 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
30 days in Seychelles

Hello!

I have got a chance to spend 30 days in Seychelles and I am really very happy. What do you suggest me, I am thinking of staying 10 days on Praslin, 10 days on La Digue and 10 days on Mahe. What do you think is that a good plan? And can you suggest me what to do on all three islands. I want to see a lot of beaches and other great places, I also want to swim a lot and to do a lot of videos and photographys. I also want to do some day trips and trails to the secluded areas. Really thank you in advance.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,774 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30 days in Seychelles

Hi uros!

If you stay 30 days in Seychelles it means that you have the financial resources to spend some time on other islands beside Mahe, Praslin and La Digue. Spending 10 days on every island is nice but it would be really great if you can squeeze some days on Silhouette, Bird, Denis or Cerf. Everything depends on your budget and on your priorities. If you love birds, giant tortoises and good snorkeling try Bird. It is an eco friendly island resort with no TV, internet, no glass windows or mobile phone coverage. Silhouette is another great island, an isolated Jurassic Park where often you will think that you are the island owner. If you do not have the money to stay on Bird and Silhouette try Cerf which has nice beaches and offers you the chance to snorkel directly in The Marine Park.

As for the main 3 islands you have plenty of time to discover the most hidden treasures. Fond Ferdinand and Pasquiere Track should not be missed on Praslin together with Anse La Blague, Anse Consolation and the hike that takes you from Anse Georgette to Anse Lazio. On Mahe you definitely have a lot of time to discover Jardin du Roi, Plaine St Andre, all the beaches from south-western side of Mahe, Port Launay, Anse Major, the tea factory, The Botanical Garden or the Three Brothers and Copolia hikes. On La Digue do not miss the descend from Nid d'Aigle to Anse Cocos, it's an unbeaten track so take a guide to discover this trail. Take also a boat trip around La Digue to enjoy the sunset and the dolphins. Anse Marron should also not to be missed, you will love it. The wild beaches on the north-eastern side of La Digue (Anse Banane, Anse Fourmi) will show you the island in a different light. If you reach Anse Banane do not miss the fruit mix platter and the natural juices that Jules prepares in his hut.

Miki

Edited: 21 May 2014, 22:58
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
493 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30 days in Seychelles

Thank you Miki for your great informations. I will try to spend some days on Bird Island. Your plan is really great!

Thank you again!

Uros

3. Re: 30 days in Seychelles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:15